ESPN article: Arnaud

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Austin Arnaud said:
"I've always put on left everything first," Arnaud said. "I'm left everything -- left sock, left pant leg, left jersey sleeve and left shoe. It's non-communist; keep it English."

I don't even know what he is trying to say there, exactly. Is he trying to out patriot "Love it or leave it" Stanzi?

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
:biglaugh: I really struggled with what he was trying to get across there too.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
:biglaugh: I really struggled with what he was trying to get across there too.

I'm guessing he made some joke about not being a leftist and the writter just totally failed to translate it onto paper.

I put my money on Arnaud in an "America"-off with Stanzi though.

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008
Surprised to see AA when I opened an article on ESPN. Pretty interesting read about superstitions in college football.

Superstitions are rampant in college football - ESPN

I work with Austen's 8th grade coach who is also an ISU football letter winner. Just last week he was telling me about a time when some of his players started low riding their football pants thinking they were cool. One day, Austen was flashing some bright green plaid boxers, when he started razzing him about how the other team is going to see them and rip them off at the bottom of the pile. He said Austen stopped low riding after that.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Definitely. AA just sounds American. RS sounds Russian, or communist.

I'm guessing he made some joke about not being a leftist and the writter just totally failed to translate it onto paper.

I put my money on Arnaud in an "America"-off with Stanzi though.