No TV for Kansas game?

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
I believe I read that Pollard negotiated to not have it on TV in order to have a 1:00 game for Homecoming.

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
I believe I read that Pollard negotiated to not have it on TV in order to have a 1:00 game for Homecoming.

Maybe the Big 12 saw us against Utah and Oklahoma and saw Kansas as well and said maybe they didn't want this product on tv. Maybe Pollard also wanted more people at the game since it's homecoming, so also discouraged tv.

Maybe the moon is made of cheese and is populated by lots of tasty mice.:spinny:

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
$10 plus about $500 in travel expenses. Bummed it's not on TV this week!

Agreed. Fortuneately thats where John Walters comes in. If I can't see the game, I at least enjoy listening to it called over the internet feed.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Agreed. Fortuneately thats where John Walters comes in. If I can't see the game, I at least enjoy listening to it called over the internet feed.

It costs $500.00 to get to Ames from the QC?

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Nothing at all? Not even Clone Zone Video? Only audio right? :sad:

When did listening on the radio/internet become a fate worth than death? Not to mention there are a dozen different game trackers on line. A fan today has so many ways to follow a game even if it's not on TV.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Well boys....Well You Know....I have to defend Jamie on this one, its a good decision NOT to put this game on tv. Its homecoming and it would be a travesty to put this game on TV @ NIGHT!!!!...imho!!!!

btw re attendance....since Jack Trice only has 45,000 seats I think that should be the benchmark for attendance. If we get around 45K, and I think we will do better than that, I think all these people who are moaning and groaning about attendance should do 2 things. Shut Up and Buy Two Tickets and go to the Game!!!!

Have a great day saturday and enjoy the homecoming Victory!!!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Wesley

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Nothing at all? Not even Clone Zone Video? Only audio right? :sad:
Yes! For years Cyclone fans ***** and moan about poor television coverage and not being on TV. Now they ***** and moan about a 6:00 PM start times. I think Pollard tried an experiment to see if he could truly get a larger crowd at 1:00 or if people were just coming up with complaints. I am guessing that the $10/ticket package shows that ticket sales did not increase and he had to discount to get bodies int he seats.

Help Support Us

Become a patron