I am not a fan of the electric company

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
So I just got a bill today and plastered across the front page were these two words: Disconnect Notice. Since I signed up for automatic withdrawal and had a test withdrawal from my checking account about 2 months ago, I went through the following emotions: scared, confused, angry. I just called their customer service number and found out that, yes, the automatic withdrawal has gone through and that no, I shouldn't be worried because they are going to take the money out on the 12th of next month and the notice says that the service wouldn't be disconnected until the 13th. Oh really? Such a huge ******* difference. And here I was thinking that maybe because I signed up for and had the 1/10th of a cent or whatever it was withdrawn from my account that maybe you would do the smart thing and take my money when it is due. Guess I was wrong.

You'd think that when I give a company an open line to my ******** checking account, they would take out the money for my ******* bill sometime in the month or so following it and not wait until they send a ************ disconnect notice to tell me that everything is, and has been, fine for a few weeks now.

I'm more than halfway tempted to spend some time figuring out who to call at the better business bureau/whatever state agency regulates the power company so that someone at the electric company who works in accounts receivable gets yelled at by someone other than a scared, confused graduate student.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Nice! :notworthy: Does that feel better? :wink:

A little. Probably won't feel completely better until I have written a letter to some regulatory agency complaining in a little bit more polished language about scare tactics mistakenly being used by the electric company for a bill that has been paid for a while now.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
A little. Probably won't feel completely better until I have written a letter to some regulatory agency complaining in a little bit more polished language about scare tactics mistakenly being used by the electric company for a bill that has been paid for a while now.

I am continually confused by my electric company as well. I paid a bill 5 days before the due date but when I got the next bill it said my amount due was almost double.. So I called in and they couldn't figure it out so I paid the amount shown.. When I got my next bill it said I owed 28 cents so apparently my payment was accepted late, and then I overpaid and was credited toward my next bill. Still sorting it out but every month seems like a new adventure. I might just put up a bunch of solar panels and a wind turbine..

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
These are the reasons that you guys are talking about that I dont pay **** till the last minute or by the date its due. Plus I don't want them having my money til they need it.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
My $.02....their billing sys is screwed up for some reason. Sounds like an innocent glitch and not that they are out to get you.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
These are the reasons that you guys are talking about that I dont pay **** till the last minute or by the date its due. Plus I don't want them having my money til they need it.

I am going to have to wait too.. I don't need to pre pay them a month ahead.. I could just see that turning into me getting sent another full bill and not "credited" from the overpayment.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
3 words. Glasses with Mirrors on the Sides. (okay maybe 6 words, but 3 really important ones)

spy2.jpg

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I have taken the Lebowski approach. In my town, lines blow all the time. Until recently, there was no reroute, so you were down 60-90 minutes because some squirrel decided their time was up. they finally trimmed trees in the alleys along the lines for deadbeats that don't know how to make their own bed.

It has gotten better. If it is in our alley, it still takes a little time. But if it is a block or more over, we now only lose power for a flash.

**** it, lets go bowling.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I am continually confused by my electric company as well. I paid a bill 5 days before the due date but when I got the next bill it said my amount due was almost double.. So I called in and they couldn't figure it out so I paid the amount shown.. When I got my next bill it said I owed 28 cents so apparently my payment was accepted late, and then I overpaid and was credited toward my next bill. Still sorting it out but every month seems like a new adventure. I might just put up a bunch of solar panels and a wind turbine..

I've had this happen also, but not to the T. I paid my bill at their building dropbox. Go on vacation. New bill was huge. Thought, "Hmmm, did I pay that." Paid the new amount and went on with life. Next bill was 12 bucks. They deposited both checks.

Seneca Wallace

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
I always kinda liked the Electric Company

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjVv0nXPP0c&feature=related"]YouTube - Electric Company ING song[/ame]

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I owe 12 cents this month due to weird billing issues as well, overpaid last time I paid like others in here apparently.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
Yeah Mediacom did this **** to me too.
Mediacom: Green paperless yay yay yay!
Mediacom: YOU DIDN"T PAY WE TAKE YOUR **** NOW!
Me: Whoa brow you have been taking out of my account whats up?
Mediacom:!!!RAGE!!!!