CF PODCAST: 10-26 Edition

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Iowa State’s big win at Texas headlines this week’s CycloneFanatic.com podcast. We also dig into CF user questions from Iowa State’s most popular message board. Just trust us on this one. You’ll enjoy this week’s podcast.

Remember that you can always download our podcast at I’Tunes by searching “Cyclone Fanatic.â€

CF Podcast: 10-26 Edition | Cyclone Fanatic

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Iowa State’s big win at Texas headlines this week’s CycloneFanatic.com podcast. We also dig into CF user questions from Iowa State’s most popular message board. Just trust us on this one. You’ll enjoy this week’s podcast.

Remember that you can always download our podcast at I’Tunes by searching “Cyclone Fanatic.”

CF Podcast: 10-26 Edition | Cyclone Fanatic
The fact that I got Chris Williams to try and sing the Dawson’s Creek theme song is beyond satisfying for me. I could have sworn that was Paula Cole herself.
A few notes:
- It ages me that you were only in junior high when this show came out.
- I CAN NOT believe that you call out JVB for being pigeon-holed as Johnny Moxon for life but didn’t even land a glancing blow on the fact that Pacey (Joshua Jackson) was the man in Mighty Ducks. Coach Gordon Bombay is hanging his head in shame.
- JVB has actually done some good stuff since leaving Dawson’s, including hilarious appearances in One Tree Hill, How I Met Your Mother and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. The guy has a good sense of humor.
- I enjoyed that the "fat and happy" convo was a natural lead in to my question.
- Anything that's a "big hit with the females" is OK with GC.
- I own the entire Dawson Creek collection on DVD if you’re ever interested.
- Romey and Michelle is the movie you were reaching for with Phoebe - although she has had a lot of movies - more so than Courtney Cox.

Let’s get into the real question here. My opinion is that it was definitely Pacey’s Creek. I could go on and on, but will limit it to this list of reasons why:
- He wasn’t a whiney ***** like Dawson.
- He wasn’t afraid to get laid.
- He liked to go out and party – not sit at home and pine over the neighbor girl.
- His woman didn’t leave him for a gay guy.
- He was a man of action, not afraid to steal his old man’s cop car and start some ****.
- He had an affair with his teacher.
- He stole his best friend’s old lady and took her on a summer boat trip to Europe (smooth).
- He took the aforementioned best friend’s old lady’s virginity after his buddy failed to do so for five years.
- If he had a ladder up into his bedroom and a chick climbed up it every night, you better believe he was knocking those boots.
- Despite it all, he was a devoted friend. He may bang your true love, but he’ll beat a guy’s *** to help you out.
- He ended up with the girl (after a long line of nailing hotties, drinking beer and causing ****).
- He, indeed, owned the ******* creek.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The fact that I got Chris Williams to try and sing the Dawson’s Creek theme song is beyond satisfying for me. I could have sworn that was Paula Cole herself.
A few notes:
- I CAN NOT believe that you call out JVB for being pigeon-holed as Johnny Moxon for life but didn’t even land a glancing blow on the fact that Pacey (Joshua Jackson) was the man in Mighty Ducks. Coach Gordon Bombay is hanging his head in shame.
- JVB has actually done some good stuff since leaving Dawson’s, including hilarious appearances in One Tree Hill, How I Met Your Mother and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. The guy has a good sense of humor.
- I enjoyed that the "fat and happy" convo was a natural lead in to my question.
- Romey and Michelle is the movie you were reaching for with Phoebe - although she has had a lot of movies - more so than Courtney Cox.

Let’s get into the real question here. My opinion is that it was definitely Pacey’s Creek. I could go on and on, but will limit it to this list of reasons why:
- He liked to go out and party – not sit at home and pine over the neighbor girl.
- He was a man of action, not afraid to steal his old man’s cop car and start some ****.
- He stole his best friend’s old lady and took her on a summer boat trip to Europe (smooth).
- He took the aforementioned best friend’s old lady’s virginity after his buddy failed to do so for five years.
- If he had a ladder up into his bedroom and a chick climbed up it every night, you better believe he was knocking those boots.
- Despite it all, he was a devoted friend. He may bang your true love, but he’ll beat a guy’s *** to help you out.
- He ended up with the girl (after a long line of nailing hotties, drinking beer and causing ****).

Pacey rocked. And he scored the big goal for the original Mighty Ducks! Good 'ol Charlie Conway.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't think you guys could take Tron. Sorry. I also think Iowa next year is our next big upset, if you can even call it that since they lose so much.

AmesCloneFan

Aug 17, 2008
Ames
Even with his hands tied behind his back, could you imagine the damage that one well executed head-butt from Tron could inflict?? Sorry guys, I think I've still got my money on Tron too..

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Did Bruns really get into it with a male cheerleader from Texas? I can only assume this argument was based on hair styles or engineering.

Ha. No, not really. He had a convo with one of them who had played HS Football with an Iowa State player. Nothing malicious, as great of story as that would have been.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
A few notes:

GC ---

First of all, you are spot on with your analysis of Pacey. Well done friend.

As for my singing, I offer you this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YePmikngFRg]YouTube - Dawson's Creek I don't want to wait[/ame]

A few other notes...

- Gordon Bombay might be the greatest coach in modern day sports history. The fact that he was trying to sleep with one of his player's (Charlie) mom cemented that in my book.

- As for Friends, Phoebe annoys the you know what out of me. I am a Courtney Cox guy. Daddy likes her a lot.

Carry on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron