NFL: Fallout Of Chiefs Starting Out Strong...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
According to this site...I will have to go to a bar to watch the Steelers - Dolphins matchup this Sunday! Not that I mind...but who would have thought a Chiefs - Jaguars matchup would bounce a Steelers - Dolphins broadcast? I know it is a regional thing...but look at how much of the country is getting the Steelers - Dolphins game! Guess the Chiefs hot start have earned them some attention. If the Chiefs were playing the Broncos or Raiders...or a team from the Midwest I would expect this...but the Jaguars?

OK...sorry KC fans...no offense intended!

2010 week 7 - Everything you need to know about sports on television - the506.com

CUIClone

Nov 11, 2009
It happened to the Chiefs last week. They got bumped in DM for Packers/Dolphins. I would suggest OverTime on 86th. They have a nice little buffet to go along with the Sunday ticket.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
In this region? Way more people care about the Chiefs than Steelers/Dolphins.

I guess I am thinking of eastern Iowa/Cedar Rapids...which is dominated by a mixture of Bears/Packers/Vikings fans. I really don't know a Chiefs fan around here. Again, I understand the regional aspect of it...but check out the map...there is a lot of the nation that isn't remotely close to Pittsburgh or Miami that is getting the Steelers - Dolphins game...even the Quad Cities is getting the Steelers - Dolphins game.

Not a huge deal...and if they were playing just about anyone BUT the Jaguars I would look forward to watching that game. But not after MNF...the Jags are bad! Not sure how they got to 3 wins already!

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Chiefs should be on every weekend here in DSM to be honest. Should be Chiefs & Vikings due to proximity alone.

Those should be the primary two that take precedent. After that you have STL, CHI, and then GB.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
It was so much fun watching every NFC North team last week :rolleyes:

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Mitch Holthus (the radio voice of the Chiefs) was on Matt & Miller this afternoon and dropped this nugget...3 AP natives will be playing in the KC/J-ville game....i'm guessing that's the reason why for the Chiefs TV coverage in NE Iowa.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
We get the Chiefs here in Omaha, regardless of how they're playing. After watching the Jaguars light up Monday Night Football, that's sure to be a great matchup...:rolleyes:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Mitch Holthus (the radio voice of the Chiefs) was on Matt & Miller this afternoon and dropped this nugget...3 AP natives will be playing in the KC/J-ville game....i'm guessing that's the reason why for the Chiefs TV coverage in NE Iowa.

Brad Meester, Aaron Kampman, and Casey Wiegmann. All alumni of the school I now go to!