Mediacom Bundle

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I'm thinking of bundleing my Phone, internet and cable. I currently have medicom internet, qwest phone and Dish network. total bill is about 195 per month. Firsgt year supposedly is aobut $75 per month through mediacom not sure what it goes to after that? It it goes to 200 then I'm back where I started and just soon stay. Does anyone have this bundle and give me some insight as to the satisfaction...pros and cons. Thanks

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I am just finishing up my year with Mediacom. My total bill was $114 and that included a few movie channels. I called and said that I was going to have to switch unless I got a deal similar to a dish. I am supposably going to get all three for $100 now. We'll see what the total bill.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I am just finishing up my year with Mediacom. My total bill was $114 and that included a few movie channels. I called and said that I was going to have to switch unless I got a deal similar to a dish. I am supposably going to get all three for $100 now. We'll see what the total bill.
My parents did kind of the same thing. They have the bundle package, not sure how much they are paying, but they called and said they are switching providers and Mediacom lowered their monthly bill damn near 30%.

Colossus

Jan 16, 2010
When we switched we told them we were going to switch from dish and they gave us a pretty sweet deal, $75 for net and cable for 2 years. After that it went up to $130! We called and threatened to cancel and they knocked it back down again. Google : negotiate your cable bill.

WaverlyCy

Oct 12, 2010
$165/month - been at that price for 2 - 3 years now. However, I live in Waverly, so I'm not sure if the rates are different or not.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Are you good with the technology, useability, phone, etc

Never had a bit of trouble with the TV or phone. Have had to have them come out a couple of times for the internet. One time a rabbit had chewed through the connection outside my townhouse association, so that really wasn't their fault. The other time there was some issue with the modem and I had trouble getting connected for about 2 weeks. But the speed of the internet is wonderful.

I fully expected to WANT to switch to DirectTV or Dish after my year was up, but I ended up really wanting to stay with Mediacom. I like having the Connections 22 channel and I like the OnDemand feature.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Are you good with the technology, useability, phone, etc

Never had a bit of trouble with the TV or phone. Have had to have them come out a couple of times for the internet. One time a rabbit had chewed through the connection outside my townhouse association, so that really wasn't their fault. The other time there was some issue with the modem and I had trouble getting connected for about 2 weeks. But the speed of the internet is wonderful.

I fully expected to WANT to switch to DirectTV or Dish after my year was up, but I ended up really wanting to stay with Mediacom. I like having the Connections 22 channel and I like the OnDemand feature.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
We have all three. Bill was up to $174. DirectTV was offering $150 for essentially the same services. Called Mediacom and they lowered our bill to $132 with year commitment. Didn't want to switch, so we were happy to get the lower bill so we could stay.

Last edited:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
We had Mediacom on their package deal and actually switched back to Dish before it was over. I've heard that their network in Ames is really bad, but it was ridiculous when we were on it. The picture quality was horrible and their boxes were very slow. You would think that cable would be able to switch channels faster than a dish, but it seemed slower. I don't know if the problem was that they kept recycling boxes as people brought them back in, but both of ours came pretty beat up and actually had stuff already recorded on the DVR. It just seemed like a complete opposite of Dish who came to the install with new receivers still in the original packaging.

I know they advertise the dishes being out in storms, but the cable was out just as often if not more. That being said, the internet was great, but it didn't make up for the poor television product.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
We had Mediacom on their package deal and actually switched back to Dish before it was over. I've heard that their network in Ames is really bad, but it was ridiculous when we were on it. The picture quality was horrible and their boxes were very slow. You would think that cable would be able to switch channels faster than a dish, but it seemed slower. I don't know if the problem was that they kept recycling boxes as people brought them back in, but both of ours came pretty beat up and actually had stuff already recorded on the DVR. It just seemed like a complete opposite of Dish who came to the install with new receivers still in the original packaging.

I know they advertise the dishes being out in storms, but the cable was out just as often if not more. That being said, the internet was great, but it didn't make up for the poor television product.

This is the type of information I need to know. My internet has gone out quite a bit. If my internet goes out does my tv and phone as well? Thanks for the info Please keep them coming.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Never use the company modems. Buy your own new. They will need the MAC address to connect yours to the network. The ones the provide/rent are old and crappy.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I bundled Mediacom with telephone, internet and cable (with DVR) in late July. It comes to about $84 a month after taxes for the first year - get HBO and Starz free for three months. I don't use the phone, in fact I had them hook up a dead phone. I just got the service because it was cheaper to get phone with everything else than without it. The second year it is supposed to rise to $99. I've been pleased with the service thus far, after a nightmare of a time trying to get it all set up and working.
My only problem is with the DVR, which is awful. I challenge anyone to try and fast forward it and land it on what you want. Takes about 5 tries to stop it correctly.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
I bundled Mediacom with telephone, internet and cable (with DVR) in late July. It comes to about $84 a month after taxes for the first year - get HBO and Starz free for three months. I don't use the phone, in fact I had them hook up a dead phone. I just got the service because it was cheaper to get phone with everything else than without it. The second year it is supposed to rise to $99. I've been pleased with the service thus far, after a nightmare of a time trying to get it all set up and working.
My only problem is with the DVR, which is awful. I challenge anyone to try and fast forward it and land it on what you want. Takes about 5 tries to stop it correctly.

It is a art but I have it down for the shows I watch regularly.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM

I signed up around the same time with the same deal; it took them about 5 trips out to get everything setup on my end too... i love nothing more than leaving work 5 times just to get the damn tv/internet setup

the DVR for me works like it should about 33% of the time, the rest of the time it's off by a solid minute or two; if you hit fast forward twice then hit play right away, it will have skipped over 2 or 3 minutes of the recording (even though it looked like it barely went anywhere).

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Well, the one problem that I see with a Mediacom bundle is that once you have the bundle--you also have Mediacom.

It's like I used to say about Domino's pizza. Sure, you got a cheap pizza--but then you have to eat it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron