Iowa DOT Will Try "Tow Plows" This Winter

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

R1975P

Aug 17, 2009
Irvington
So I take your comment to mean you drive as fast on clear roads as you do in 6-12
inches of snow? It will be interesting to see how well they work.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Looks like a traffic jam in the making, especially on two lane interstate highways.

Eh, so much of the time you'll see the same traffic jam, everyone driving in the lane that just got plowed, while the other lane is full of snow. This will open things up behind the plow quicker.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The Missouri DOT has reported productivity savings of 10-30 percent in labor, truck and fuel expenses, Dunn said.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Missouri Employee: "Well back down thar in Missourah them plows push the trucks around."

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
This has to be a dumb Chuck Grassley idea. I'm sure everyones seen his add with him riding a mower, thats pulling two push mowers.

I'd post the youtube video, but really don't want to support him or anyone else that has been in office as long as he has.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
In Michigan if they purchased some of those tow olows, they would off-set the labor and truck savings by requiring a person in another truck to follow in the lane that the tow plow is plowing. Somewhat similar to the picture in the article.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
This has to be a dumb Chuck Grassley idea. I'm sure everyones seen his add with him riding a mower, thats pulling two push mowers.

I'd post the youtube video, but really don't want to support him or anyone else that has been in office as long as he has.

I used to live a mile from his house. He used that mower for a long time and it wasn't a publicity stunt since he lives on a gravel road. Seems like it made a lot of sense to me.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009

Is that you Roxanne?

Reactions: Cyclonepride

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Is that you Roxanne?
No, I hate just about all politicians. Anyone thats been in politics for any amount of time becomes corrupt and forgets what they are their for.

The only way to become a US senetor or congressman is to be in politics for a long time.

I also dislike the way Grassley was getting his grandson on the air in his adds a few years ago. Seems like his just was getting him ready to run for his seat. I call that nepotism. Same with the Clintons, Bushes, Kennedys

Last edited: