Ellis Hobbs

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Just saw an interview with Ellis Hobbs concerning the Pat's and their team philosophy. But that's not important. What is, is that in his locker behind him he had a brand new ISU hat right up front, new logo and all.

Very cool.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Just saw an interview with Ellis Hobbs concerning the Pat's and their team philosophy. But that's not important. What is, is that in his locker behind him he had a brand new ISU hat right up front, new logo and all.

Very cool.

Saw this too... nice to see!

Can't be True. Ellis Hobbs doesn't care about Iowa State. All he cares about is DeSoto High School.:jimlad:

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
They were showing an interview with him last night, I think it had something to do with Moss. But anyway, he was standing right in front of his locker and right behind his head you could see he had an I State hat just sitting there.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
They were showing an interview with him last night, I think it had something to do with Moss. But anyway, he was standing right in front of his locker and right behind his head you could see he had an I State hat just sitting there.

I love it! Since the Iggles play on Sunday night, hopefully he's give ISU some love during his TV introductions Instead of his high school.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Has he stopped saying his High School when he's announced on Monday Night Football? You could tell he was more than a little upset when McCarney was let go.

I will never forgot hearing him in his first MNF game for the Pats:

"Ellis Hobbs - THE Iowa State University"

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Has he stopped saying his High School when he's announced on Monday Night Football? You could tell he was more than a little upset when McCarney was let go.

Most of the time he called out his high-school instead. That really ticked me off.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

I don't think that's why he didn't say ISU.

I think he didn't say it because he didn't get his degree.

If he was so P.O.ed about McCarney, then he wouldn't have came back to ISU to finish his degree. He could have finished his degree anywhere.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Pretty sure Ellis came back and got his degree from ISU. Think there was media coverage at the time of him "walking" to get his diploma.

I too think he was upset at ISU for a time over the McCarney firing.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
He did it because the whole defense did it. It was a team thing. They only tape those once a year, so evertime they were on he said his high school.

I saw him last year for I think the Colorado game. He was wearing his Letterman jacket.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Pretty sure Ellis came back and got his degree from ISU. Think there was media coverage at the time of him "walking" to get his diploma.

I too think he was upset at ISU for a time over the McCarney firing.

:skeptical:You didn't read my post very clearly.

"If he was so P.O.ed about McCarney, then he wouldn't have came back to ISU to finish his degree."

I don't think he was using his high school because he was P.O.ed. I think he was using his high school because he hadn't earned his degree.

And if was upset about McCarney, then why would he EVER mention ISU?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Hobbs just finished up his degree at ISU not to long ago.

See my post above. I said IF he were upset about McCarney, he WOULDN'T have came back to ISU to finish his degree. He could have gotten it anywhere.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
McCarney was still coach when Hobbs was in the NFL, and at that time Hobbs would say Iowa State. Around the time Chizik was hired, Hobbs would announce his high school - I just put 2-and-2 together.

Edit: Thanks for clarifying Yes & CyRocks.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Just to clarify...Its Sunday Night Football on NBC that does the starting lineup introductions like that. Monday Night Football on ESPN does not.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
McCarney was still coach when Hobbs was in the NFL, and at that time Hobbs would say Iowa State. Around the time Chizik was hired, Hobbs would announce his high school - I just put 2-and-2 together.

Here is your answer. Thanks Yes13. I forgot about this. It had nothing to do with McCarney being let go.

He did it because the whole defense did it. It was a team thing. They only tape those once a year, so evertime they were on he said his high school.

I saw him last year for I think the Colorado game. He was wearing his Letterman jacket.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
I'm pretty sure MNF did that back when it was on ABC.

I could be wrong

Don't worry if you are wrong someone on this board will let you know in the next 30 seconds. After that you are safe!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron