Joe Coleman a gopher

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
Joe Coleman (espn #80 overall, rivals #34 SG) verballed to MN over the weekend. Here's an article from GopherHole.com from Chris Monter talking with Coleman's HS coach Ken Novak.

Coleman to MN

Another article from the Star Tribune:
Trib on Coleman verbal

FarmerClone from his blog speculates that our acquisition of Chris Allen probably ended our chances with Coleman.

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
well that sux

Yes and no. I think Chris Allen is a very good player and very good athlete... plus Coleman was going to be a very hard get out of MN since his older brother was a Gopher.

I would have loved to land Coleman, but I'm very happy with our team right now for next year. A lot of potential even with the risks.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yes and no. I think Chris Allen is a very good player and very good athlete... plus Coleman was going to be a very hard get out of MN since his older brother was a Gopher.

I would have loved to land Coleman, but I'm very happy with our team right now for next year. A lot of potential even with the risks.

His brother transfered out and wanted him to go elsewhere.
I've posted it before, I think this is going to be the one that got away.

Reactions: DurangoCy

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

From what others have said on the message boards, his brother is not the biggest fan of the Minnesota program. It sounds like it may have been his only high major option, though. Hoiberg was focusing on getting 1s after the commitment of Allen, so it seems likely that the program as a whole cooled on Coleman. Not to say we would not have tried to make room if he really wanted to be here.

Cyclonefarmer

Mar 23, 2006
rural se North Carolina
From what others have said on the message boards, his brother is not the biggest fan of the Minnesota program. It sounds like it may have been his only high major option, though. Hoiberg was focusing on getting 1s after the commitment of Allen, so it seems likely that the program as a whole cooled on Coleman. Not to say we would not have tried to make room if he really wanted to be here.
See Tavon Sledge announcement!

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
Coleman would have been nice AFTER next year, only because Allen gets 1 year. I have a feeling however FH will land a damn good shooting guard to replace Allen, he hasnt dissapointed yet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron