So happy we dont have to bribe fans

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
I dont know if this has been posted but got a chuckle out of it.

Buy student season tix, get free OSU ftbl ticket

Per HN board. At it again, trying to get a few fans in the stands for bball. I wonder when the, "Students get in free + hot dog and pop" will start this season?

Goldfinger

Nov 5, 2009

Per HN board. At it again, trying to get a few fans in the stands for bball. I wonder when the, "Students get in free + hot dog and pop" will start this season?

WHAT! they are giving out free football tickets? I thought they were all sold out?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
We are giving away student tickets. We couldn't being 20,000 to KC. Let's not throw stones at that House. It is much bigger than ours. In all reality, bball attendance matters very little in comparison to football attendance.

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
Evidently their awesome new campaign, "Lets Get Mad Again" isn't working too well. Hmm, who would have thought that wouldn't generate excitement!?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
WHAT! they are giving out free football tickets? I thought they were all sold out?
While I agree we are not in a position to throw stones, the Hawk consecutive sellout streak is about the biggest sports PR scam ever concocted. When they have a game in jeopardy of not selling out they call local companies the day before the game and they say we have a bunch of tickets left, we'll sell them to you for a dollar or $3 or $5 or whatever and you can give them away to your employees as a perk. Then they call the game a sellout. I've worked at TWO different companies that have participated in this. Obviously it's not happening as much now, but early in the Ferentz era this was a REGULAR occurrence, like WEEKLY.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We are giving away student tickets. We couldn't being 20,000 to KC. Let's not throw stones at that House. It is much bigger than ours. In all reality, bball attendance matters very little in comparison to football attendance.

Football season tickets sell for $99-$375.

Basketball season tickets sell for $99-$495.

Selling one more, a hundred more or a thousand more season basketball tickets will have just as important an effect on the AD's bottom line as selling the same number of season football tickets.

I find it ironic that this thread and the following thread are on the page at the same time:

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum...basketball-season-tickets-cf-merchandise.html

Goldfinger

Nov 5, 2009
Our basketball attendance wasn't a hell of a lot better last year. Especially students.

not true at all, we were third in the Big12 in attendance and 26th in the nation, which is outstanding given the team we had to watch. You can't rag on Iowa State bball fans, men's or womens

For comparison iowa barely cracked the top50 in attendance and was 9th in the big10, only ahead of Penn State and Northwestern

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
not true at all, we were third in the Big12 in attendance and 26th in the nation, which is outstanding given the team we had to watch. You can't rag on Iowa State bball fans, men's or womens

For comparison iowa barely cracked the top50 in attendance and was 9th in the big10, only ahead of Penn State and Northwestern

if thats right, then dont make fun of Iowa for calling all of there fball games sellouts

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Paid Attendance yes. Actual Attendance, not at all.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

The student attendance was ******* pathetic. They might have bought tickets, but most games they didn't even fill the lower level of CA.

Goldfinger

Nov 5, 2009
Paid Attendance yes. Actual Attendance, not at all.

well yeah, I bet other schools don't even count actual attendance, they are probably only counting people that stand and yell for their team the whole game.

Only at Iowa State do we try and belittle our own

tube1

Oct 19, 2006

Good to know that we don't have to offer any promotions to sell our tickets. :rolleyes:

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Football season tickets sell for $99-$375.

Basketball season tickets sell for $99-$495.

Selling one more, a hundred more or a thousand more season basketball tickets will have just as important an effect on the AD's bottom line as selling the same number of season football tickets.

I find it ironic that this thread and the following thread are on the page at the same time:

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum...basketball-season-tickets-cf-merchandise.html

We sell around 28000 season tickets in football. Hilton holds 14092. Way more important to get football tickets sold out cause you have more of the high dollar tickets to get rid of. Yeah it is important to sell out basketball but football is the priority

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
While I agree we are not in a position to throw stones, the Hawk consecutive sellout streak is about the biggest sports PR scam ever concocted. When they have a game in jeopardy of not selling out they call local companies the day before the game and they say we have a bunch of tickets left, we'll sell them to you for a dollar or $3 or $5 or whatever and you can give them away to your employees as a perk. Then they call the game a sellout. I've worked at TWO different companies that have participated in this. Obviously it's not happening as much now, but early in the Ferentz era this was a REGULAR occurrence, like WEEKLY.

Actually, why doesn't ISU do this? I would rather have people sitting in the cheap seats that paid a dollar than not have anyone there at all and getting zero for it. I am sure some other disagree. We need people to show up and get involved.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

Give me a break. If we had the sheer numbers of fans they do and the success they had, there would not be any way in hell ISU would have to do this. Iowa State fans are loyal to a fault and there is not another program in the country that could pull our numbers given our history the last 30 years. Watch Iowa City if Iowa has a couple of bad years, their fans will jump off the wagon fast. Heck they had a couple of rough years in the late 90s and they did exactly that. How about this, what if Iowa had ISUs record this decade? What would their attendance be today? I'm guess around 50-55 thousand. Keep in mind they have way more numbers so the difference between how the two fan bases support the program to how their team performs is amplified. So yes, we should throw stones at their house because there is no comparison between the two.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
i go to Iowa, i took advantage of that, got a OSU ticket sold it for $150, kind of sad that you can sell one student at Iowa, for more then someone pays for a whole season at ISU

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
i go to Iowa, i took advantage of that, got a OSU ticket sold it for $150, kind of sad that you can sell one student at Iowa, for more then someone pays for a whole season at ISU

Nice! However I would have held that OSU ticket a little longer and sold it for a hell of a lot more when the big game got closer. Or just make it to the game decked out in OSU gear.

Help Support Us

Become a patron