NFL: My unofficial NFL predictions

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I do this every year and every year I am way off. But it's fun to look back. I went through all 17 weeks and did W's and L's and this is what came up. I picked minnesota to win the superbowl because of their defensive line, their offensive line, and Favre's ability to throw to almost any WR. Rice should be back for the playoffs as well.

I'll admit I did these before Harvin's collpase, and Rice's surgury. I could possibly see Baltimore winning it all with their defense and finally a good offense.

AFC East
New England 12-4
New York Jets 11-5
Miami 8-8
Buffalo 2-4

AFC North
Baltimore 13-3
Cincinnati 10-6
Pittsburgh 9-7
Cleveland 4-12

AFC South
Indianapolis 14-2
Houston 10-6
Tennessee 7-9
Jacksonville 5-11

AFC West
San Diego 12-4
Denver 9-7
Kansas City 7-9
Oakland 3-13

NFC East
Dallas 11-5
New York Giants 10-6
Philadelphia 5-11
Washington 5-11

NFC North
Minnesota 13-3
Green Bay 11-5
Chicago 6-10
Detroit 4-12

NFC South
New Orleans 12-4
Atlanta 11-5
Tampa Bay 4-12
Carolina 1-15

NFC West
San Francisco 12-4
Seattle 6-10
Arizona 5-11
St. Louis 4-12

Wildcard
San Diego over Houston
New England over NYJ

San Francisco over Atlanta
Green Bay over Dallas

Divisional Round
Baltimore over San Diego
New England over Indianapolis

New Orleans over S.F.
Minnesota over Green Bay

AFC Championship
Baltimore over New England

NFC Championship
Minnesota over New Orleans

Superbowl
Minnesota over Baltimore

Last edited:

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Sounds like the picks of someone who is Asst. TO THE Regional Manager, rather than the Asst. Regional Manager. :jimlad:

Reactions: mj4cy

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
I do this every year and every year I am way off. But it's fun to look back. I went through all 17 weeks and did W's and L's and this is what came up. I picked minnesota to win the superbowl because of their defensive line, their offensive line, and Favre's ability to throw to almost any WR. Rice should be back for the playoffs as well.

I call shenanigans. The fact that you are Vikings fan has you picking them to win the Super Bowl, everything else is just icing on the cake. The loss of Rice is gonna hurt you too bad in the NFC North to win the division, it makes the Vikes the 2nd or 3rd best team in the division depending on if Cutler throws 20+ INT's this year.

But its only unofficial, so I won't rip you too bad.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I won't say that the vikings won't make it to the playoffs, but they aren't going to win 13 games this year. Not going go happen.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I know it's been said almost every year for the last decade, but I think this is the year that Favre is unable to stay on the field due to health reasons. I know he's toughed it out in the past, but I think something, possibly ankle-related, is going to knock him out this year. And as long as coach continues catering to his mancrush and keeps T-Jack as Favre's backup, the Vikes are in trouble.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I call shenanigans. The fact that you are Vikings fan has you picking them to win the Super Bowl, everything else is just icing on the cake. The loss of Rice is gonna hurt you too bad in the NFC North to win the division, it makes the Vikes the 2nd or 3rd best team in the division depending on if Cutler throws 20+ INT's this year.

But its only unofficial, so I won't rip you too bad.

That's fine. It's your opinion. I have mine. But I think the vikes will do no worse than 2nd in the division. The Bears have a terrible O-line and an aging defense. Not to mention no good receivers.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Not having Chester Taylor is going to hurt the Vikings the most. Having to rely on the most overrated RB in the history of the NFL who urinates himself and fumbles every time the game is on the line isn't going to win super bowls

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I do get a kick out of those that rip me even when I admit I'm never right in the first place...I don't care. It's just a lot of fun for me to go through the schedule.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
Vikings will go undefeated on the way to winning their first Superbowl over St. Louis (who will also be undefeated up through the SB).

Packers, Bears and Lions will win 2 games each, by beating the other two teams once.

Book it.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Not having Chester Taylor is going to hurt the Vikings the most. Having to rely on the most overrated RB in the history of the NFL who urinates himself and fumbles every time the game is on the line isn't going to win super bowls

Yeah, I'll admit he has fumble-itis, but how is 4484 yards Rushing (1500/year), 41 Touchdowns, and over 800 yards receiving in the last 3 years constitute the most overrated RB in the history of the NFL?

By your logic, you must have almost every other RB that's played in the NFL.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I know it's been said almost every year for the last decade, but I think this is the year that Favre is unable to stay on the field due to health reasons. I know he's toughed it out in the past, but I think something, possibly ankle-related, is going to knock him out this year. And as long as coach continues catering to his mancrush and keeps T-Jack as Favre's backup, the Vikes are in trouble.

The Vikings have enough talent that they would make the playoffs without Favre. They probably won't win the division if Favre goes out, but they would still be a Wildcard team.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
AFC East
New England 10-6
New York Jets 11-5
Miami 7-9
Buffalo 4-12

AFC North
Baltimore 12-4
Cincinnati 10-6
Pittsburgh 8-8
Cleveland 4-12

AFC South
Indianapolis 11-5
Houston 9-7
Tennessee 10-6
Jacksonville 6-10

AFC West
San Diego 10-6
Denver 6-10
Kansas City 5-11
Oakland 8-8

NFC East
Dallas 12-4
New York Giants 10-6
Philadelphia 6-10
Washington 6-10

NFC North
Minnesota 10-6
Green Bay 10-6
Chicago 6-10
Detroit 6-10

NFC South
New Orleans 12-4
Atlanta 10-6
Tampa Bay 5-11
Carolina 1-15

NFC West
San Francisco 12-4
Seattle 6-10
Arizona 5-11
St. Louis 2-14

I got Baltimore over Dallas

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Yeah, I'll admit he has fumble-itis, but how is 4484 yards Rushing (1500/year), 41 Touchdowns, and over 800 yards receiving in the last 3 years constitute the most overrated RB in the history of the NFL?

By your logic, you must have almost every other RB that's played in the NFL.

I didn't say he wasn't good. I said he was overrated. I'm not a Vikings fan, so I don't remember the particular game, but I know it was an important one last year, and he finished the game on the sidelines. Some tout him as the best RB in the history of the NFL. If he was truly the best the league has ever seen, he would not be on the sidelines in such an important game; hence, overrated.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
The Vikings have enough talent that they would make the playoffs without Favre. They probably won't win the division if Favre goes out, but they would still be a Wildcard team.

Not with their schedule. With their schedule and now Rice getting injured...there is little chance that Tjack was going to lead them to the playoffs.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I do get a kick out of those that rip me even when I admit I'm never right in the first place...I don't care. It's just a lot of fun for me to go through the schedule.
As an Eagles fan, I am wondering how in the heck you have them going 5-11? That is just crazy.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I didn't say he wasn't good. I said he was overrated. I'm not a Vikings fan, so I don't remember the particular game, but I know it was an important one last year, and he finished the game on the sidelines. Some tout him as the best RB in the history of the NFL. If he was truly the best the league has ever seen, he would not be on the sidelines in such an important game; hence, overrated.

He's definitely not the best, but to say he's the most overrated in the history of the NFL? I don't see how you can justify that. He's a huge reason they made the playoffs the last two years.