TWO new football commits!

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I have never really followed recruiting, but it seems like Rhoads is really hitting the recruiting hard and getting more commits earlier than we normally do. Is this a fair statement, or am I way off base?

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Happy to see that we beat out OU and OSU for Lynn. I'm surprised with Ecby though, I didn't even think he was looking at us.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I have never really followed recruiting, but it seems like Rhoads is really hitting the recruiting hard and getting more commits earlier than we normally do. Is this a fair statement, or am I way off base?

No, you are right on. This is the most recruits we've had this early in as long as I can remember. I think that means we are hitting on our first choices. That's a very good thing.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
No, you are right on. This is the most recruits we've had this early in as long as I can remember. I think that means we are hitting on our first choices. That's a very good thing.

I think it is more of a national trend over the past few years. Kids committing earlier. Look at the number of commits for all schools, and they are all high. Just my opinion.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I think it is more of a national trend over the past few years. Kids committing earlier. Look at the number of commits for all schools, and they are all high. Just my opinion.

You are probably right. Things always seem to eventually trend earlier and earlier. High school football kicked off last night! The fair isnt even over yet!
And I wont be surprised if Christmas lights start appearing by Halloween either!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
great video of Tad. He reminds me a lot of denario alexander. A real long strider with some separation speed.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Wow, Ecby is very well coached. What great technique he has on everything he does. Routes, catching, blocking...and he plays physical. Very good speed too. I like this pick up a lot.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Happy to see that we beat out OU and OSU for Lynn. I'm surprised with Ecby though, I didn't even think he was looking at us.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but he was never officially offered by those schools. Still a great pick up though.

Also, does anyone know why some kids don't have a ranking yet? A lot of our commits haven't been assigned a ranking, which is puzzling. Not that stars matter all that much. Just curious if they wait until the high school season to start before ranking everyone else or if some kids just never get assigned a ranking?

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
Last edited:

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Welcome to ISU boys. Both of these guys look like high caliber impact players. Glad we could lock them up.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know if we are targeting any JUCOs for next year? I know we'll get Rony Nelson eligible for '11, but I wouldn't mind seeing us go after another JUCO DE/DT.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron