8-21 Scrimmage Notes

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just got done with post-scrimmage interviews. I'll post a comprehensive notebook on it later today but wanted to get you notes here right now.

- Iowa State's No. 1 offense went head-to-head with the 2 defense today. As you'd expect, the offense played well. Austen Arnaud told me that the first offense is "light years" ahead of where they were last year at this time. Tom Herman and Ben Lamaak agreed.

- Arnaud said that once again, Sedrick Johnson had a huge day at the WR position.

- Wally Burnham was much happier with the play of his No. 1 defensive unit after today's scrimmage compared to Wednesday. "100 percent better," Burnham told me.

- No decision has been made as to who Iowa State's starting punter will be when Sept. 2 rolls around. Paul Rhoads said that the battle is so close, it could be the Tuesday or Wednesday before kickoff when we know anything for sure.

- Wally Burnham and Paul Rhoads were glowing with enthusiasm when discussing the play of defensive tackle Stephen Ruempolhamer.

- At this point in time, Jeff Woody is the team's No. 2 running back.

CyBelieve

Aug 5, 2006
Ankeny
What is going one?????? CW posted ths over 30 minutes ago....can't beleive NO one has responded yet - Is everyone at the fair?????

CyBelieve

Aug 5, 2006
Ankeny
It just hit me. They scrimaged and that's all the talking points?????? Chris, I realize you are in a hurry to get up to the Cyclone Party, but come on, you couldn't get anything more to write about?????? Humor us!

Right now we're stuck with some sap who's ****** at society and Fred's lack of checking up on Chris Allen (see other thread on Hype).

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I really hope his game can start translating a little better on gameday. Doing well in practice and scrimmages is one thing. He needs to be that "throw it up and he'll come down with it everytime" kinda guy for AA.

It's definately time for Sed to step it up in his junior year. He is one of the biggest recruits we've gotten lately, but has not done anything really thus far to speak of due mostly to nagging injuries.

If he can stay healthy I expect him to really step it up this year. Sounds like he's been a stud in these last two scrimmages.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
It just hit me. They scrimaged and that's all the talking points?????? Chris, I realize you are in a hurry to get up to the Cyclone Party, but come on, you couldn't get anything more to write about?????? Humor us!

Right now we're stuck with some sap who's ****** at society and Fred's lack of checking up on Chris Allen (see other thread on Hype).

Dude I'm writing like a 1500 word piece right now...patience my friend.