Minnesota media has lost it(a.k.a. goose vs. gray duck)

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
Live coverage on every station right now is news helicopter footage of Favre's black SUV as it travels to Winter Park. Can't believe how asinine this is. So completely adding to the huge pile that is the Favre drama.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Re: Minnesota media has lost it

Live coverage on every station right now is news helicopter footage of Favre's black SUV as it travels to Winter Park. Can't believe how asinine this is. So completely adding to the huge pile that is the Favre drama.

Nothing dealing with Favre coverage surprises me anymore...it jumped the shark a long time ago.

"And let's go live to Chris Mortensen hanging out the window of a car as he screams questions at Favre's SUV."

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

The media/general public who watch what the media puts out there love drama. Favre is full of that. I can't stomach the guy anymore his antics are getting old.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

...as you add yet another thread on this same/related topic? I think yours makes four Favre threads started just this afternoon alone. Just sayin'... :wink:

edr247

Aug 4, 2010

Makes me embarrassed to be a Minnesotan.

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis

...as you add yet another thread on this same/related topic? I think yours makes four Favre threads started just this afternoon alone. Just sayin'... :wink:
I'm ripping the media on this one. My guess is that Favre's publicist didn't call the news stations and beg them to follow his SUV (but you never know with BF).

I can understand the news stations having "breaking news" on their website or even mentioning in news breaks between programming... but to break in and show his car on the highway as he drives to practice??? C'mon. NOTHING is happening. What is the point?

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010

This.

I was sick of him playing the games years ago in Green Bay, and that was before ESPN was chasing him around every single hour of the day reporting his every move. Now its all thats on any sports channel and now contaminating my CF pleasure. :confused:

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010

I'm ripping the media on this one. My guess is that Favre's publicist didn't call the news stations and beg them to follow his SUV (but you never know with BF).

I can understand the news stations having "breaking news" on their website or even mentioning in news breaks between programming... but to break in and show his car on the highway as he drives to practice??? C'mon. NOTHING is happening. What is the point?

Yeah but ESPN reports, his website sent out an email to subscribers to stay tuned to media outlets today for info on Favre's future.. Huge diva/drama queen move

And I agree. Media have nothing more to report on than a guys SUV driving from A to B and the sad thing is, tons of people eat this up every year.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

Its all about the ratings. Can't argue that the ratings of those TV stations goes through the roof during those times. Favre resonates with even the non-football fan.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

This.

I was sick of him playing the games years ago in Green Bay, and that was before ESPN was chasing him around every single hour of the day reporting his every move. Now its all thats on any sports channel and now contaminating my CF pleasure. :confused:

Wait until they put a statue up of him in front of Lambeau in five years....you will be giddy!

isumills

Dec 18, 2008
Johnston

Makes me embarrassed to be a Minnesotan.
I thought it would have been electing Jesse Ventura governor, or all those summers playing duck, duck, grey duck as a kid.:wink: Actually I love Minnesota, my wife is from there and we travel up to her folks' place quite a bit.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006

Vikings fan for life / Favre hater for life. Anyone else?

edr247

Aug 4, 2010

I thought it would have been electing Jesse Ventura governor, or all those summers playing duck, duck, grey duck as a kid.:wink: Actually I love Minnesota, my wife is from there and we travel up to her folks' place quite a bit.

I was pretty young when Ventura was elected, so there's less embarrassment there. As for duck, duck, grey duck...what's wrong with that?

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010

Wait until they put a statue up of him in front of Lambeau in five years....you will be giddy!

I've wondered about that. I just don't think I can get over going to the Vikings just to "stick it to" Green Bay