NFL: Favre Minnesota bound

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Even if it turns out to be a dissappointment this time around, it's gotta be better than a year of TJack.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The NFL is better when Favre is playing. But then again, this will mark 20 years of him in the league. I can't say I've really known an NFL without Favre in it. ;)

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames
I cant say that I like Brett Favre, he needs to just stay retired. I'm a big vikings fan and have been my whole life. But if favre keeps playing none of the young quarterbacks will be any good when he breaks his hip. And then we wont have a good team for quite a while.

I say leave him where he is at and play our bad quarterback for a while.

Oh and did anyone see the Vikings Rams game? Sage Rosenfels was pretty damn good.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
who cares about Favre? I'm not much of a vikings fan but I would if sage took over.
and I'm sick of Favres phony retirement routine.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I cant say that I like Brett Favre, he needs to just stay retired. I'm a big vikings fan and have been my whole life. But if favre keeps playing none of the young quarterbacks will be any good when he breaks his hip. And then we wont have a good team for quite a while.

Oh and did anyone see the Vikings Rams game? Sage Rosenfels was pretty damn good.

You mean kind of like what the Packers did with Aaron Rodgers? Yeah, I mean, that proved to be totally the wrong move (yeah, the Pack did get swept by the Vikings last year, but it wasn't because of anything Rodgers did wrong - he totally did his job last year and validated the Packers' decision to hand the reins over to him).

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
He could be flying up here to say his goodbyes and retire, right?

(And then still have time to unretire/re-retire/unretire before the opening game.)

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

Vikings will maybe make the playoffs, and if they do, lose in the first round with their current roster.
You mean kind of like what the Packers did with Aaron Rodgers? Yeah, I mean, that proved to be totally the wrong move (yeah, the Pack did get swept by the Vikings last year, but it wasn't because of anything Rodgers did wrong - he totally did his job last year and validated the Packers' decision to hand the reins over to him).
Aaron Rodgers has talent. The Vikings don't have another talented QB. Sage nor Tarvaris is a quality QB in the NFL.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
who cares about Favre? I'm not much of a vikings fan but I would if sage took over.

That's the thing - you're viewing this as a Cyclones fan and not a Vikings fan. Sage clearly is better than TJack, but he's still not better than a 40-year old, mostly broke down Brett Favre - at least when Favre isn't making dumb decisions like throwing to players wearing the wrong colored jersey.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

They don't have any long-term answers at QB on the team. Getting more playing time for Sage or TJack isn't exactly investing in the teams future.