Royce White eligibility decision this week

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I don't expect him to play this year and quite honestly I would rather have him for the 2011 season than this year anyway.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Just saying, i want him more than anybody, but have to always keep all the options on the table. Even if there is a .01% chance of him leaving, still need to be prepared for it.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
According to RW, via a quote from Charley Waters (St. Paul Pioneer Press):

White plans to move his belongings to Iowa State on Wednesday. He said his NCAA waiver request for eligibility this season will be made this week.

Charley Walters: Former Gophers coach Murray Warmath, 97, resting, defying odds - TwinCities.com

I'd put the odds at between 1-2% of playing this year.

I think you misread this, the submission to NCAA will officially go in this week was my read. While it seems simple, it is an involved process to produce the documents the NCAA requires in these cases, that includes information/statements from third parties for which ISU doesn't control the timing.

The quote in the story is "He said his NCAA waiver request for eligibility this season will be made this week."

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
Just saying, i want him more than anybody, but have to always keep all the options on the table. Even if there is a .01% chance of him leaving, still need to be prepared for it.
Exactly why I keep a machete and a blender nearby at all times. You never know when you will be attacked by zombies or be asked to make a margarita.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I think you misread this, the submission to NCAA will officially go in this week was my read. While it seems simple, it is an involved process to produce the documents the NCAA requires in these cases, that includes information/statements from third parties for which ISU doesn't control the timing.

The quote in the story is "He said his NCAA waiver request for eligibility this season will be made this week."

We all know how quick the NCAA is to put a stamp on ISU submissions.

denied-300x300.gif

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Exactly why I keep a machete and a blender nearby at all times. You never know when you will be attacked by zombies or be asked to make a margarita.

That machete will be the death of you. Way too bloody and close range of a weapon. Zombie blood will infect you, no question about it. :no:

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Looks like I will be sporting the stainless steel undies this week waiting for the annual tradition of the application of the NCAA boot to the ISU groin.

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota

Yep, i see what you're saying, this comment could be simply stating that the waiver request is being made this week.

But my understanding from other sources was that the waiver request was made earlier in July. Can an insider clarify? Has the waiver request already been made?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron