Big XII Blog - ISU Mailbag

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
Next week David Ubben will be doing an "Iowa State mailbag." (Stated at the beginning of this article) Any of you who follow the blog should be familiar with the team-oriented mailbags he does.

We need to come out strong for this one. I've noticed that the ESPN blog is dominated by UT, TT and NU fans (big surprise). I know we all prefer our cozy accommodations over here at CF but now is a chance to show up in force and ask hims ome tough questions.

My questions include:

1.) What has Kansas done to deserve even a shred of respect? (can we PLEASE make a point of this? KU will be a joke this year...)
2.) Same for Colorado
3.) Am I crazy for believing the ISU-KSU game decides second place in the north?
4.) Is a healthy Alexander Robinson the Big XII's leading rusher?
5.) Does Iowa State make a bowl this year?
6.) Where will CU/NU's buyout money be going?

When Ubben calls for our questions, lets show up strong!

Last edited:

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
I'd offer this scenario:

Texas leaves the Big12 and the rest remains in tact, but adds Nebraska, CU, and TCU. The Big12 institutes its own TV Network and all revenue sharing is made similar to the Big10's.

Who is better off? Texas or the new Big12?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Next week David Ubben will be doing an "Iowa State mailbag." (Stated at the beginning of this article) Any of you who follow the blog should be familiar with the team-oriented mailbags he does.

We need to come out strong for this one. I've noticed that the ESPN blog is dominated by UT, TT and NU fans (big surprise). I know we all prefer our cozy accommodations over here at CF but now is a chance to show up in force and ask hims ome tough questions.

My questions include:

1.) What has Kansas done to deserve even a shred of respect? (can we PLEASE make a point of this? KU will be a joke this year...)
2.) Same for Colorado
3.) Am I crazy for believing the ISU-KSU game decides second place in the north?
4.) Is a healthy Alexander Robinson the Big XII's leading rusher?
5.) Does Iowa State make a bowl this year?
6.) Where will CU/NU's buyout money be going?

When Ubben calls for our questions, lets show up strong!

Plan on asking a few questions of my own, but not #1. All asking that question shows is pettiness on our part. It is not even about ISU. Ask about our tough schedule, KO and Arob, the David Sims punishment, but leave the assaults on other teams out of it. We don't need to trash someone else to feel better about ourselves do we?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Plan on asking a few questions of my own, but not #1. All asking that question shows is pettiness on our part. It is not even about ISU. Ask about our tough schedule, KO and Arob, the David Sims punishment, but leave the assaults on other teams out of it. We don't need to trash someone else to feel better about ourselves do we?

You must be new around here. Complaining about how The Man (i.e. usually UT, Big 12 etc.) is keeping us down is pretty standard fare. Hopefully, your advice will be taken, and folks asking questions will make it about ISU.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I really would not bother with him. He seems like a decent guy but he has no idea what is going on with the ISU program and there is nothing that he could tell me that I already don't know.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Maybe ask him if he has ever even been to Ames, IA? Did he eat paint chips as a child? Was dropped on his head 1 too many times? I don't know, he just doesn't seem to know a whole lot other than what goes on in the south from the bits I've read and I'd expect his mailbag answers to be pretty vague and short as well for us.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I really would not bother with him. He seems like a decent guy but he has no idea what is going on with the ISU program and there is nothing that he could tell me that I already don't know.

I agree with this. It is hard to stomach the Big 12 blog and similar publications who spend no time whatsoever researching ISU football. Half the time they spell the coaches/players names wrong and name someone who graduated last year as our best returning starter. Its ridiculous. If I were trying to get fans from every team in the conference to pay attention to my blog, I would sure as heck spend some time doing my research. I understand he can't pick everyone to do well, but at least give me a reason why you think so. Realism is great, but make it qualified realism.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
1. KU is a wildcard, who knows? On one hand they return more starters than almost everybody in the conference. On the other hand nobody has heard of those starters. On one hand they have better recruiting classes than half the teams in the North the last 4 years. On the other hand they have a new staff and lots of injuries and players kicked off.
2. CU also has recruited good the last 4 years but several of them have left the team and the coach is probably a lame duck. But they do return a ton of players.
3. Who knows? Talent wise ISU and KSU don't come close to NU and MU which means they probably would be playing for 3rd place in the North.
4. He could be, he's the real deal.
5. Possibly, but they are going to have to improve dramatically from a team that had 33 less first downs then their opponents a year ago. Much tougher schedule and won't get by with some of the wins they did last year.
6. A&M could be the only school that doesn't make enough on their own and may get an extra amount of that buyout.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
My question was.
Iowa city got hit by a flood and Iowa went to the orange bowl. Ames got hit by a flood and Iowa State went to what bowl?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
MU will get second in the North. We have a shot at 3rd with KSU. Colorado and KU will fight for the bottom.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron