MLB: 13 Year Old Girl's Jersey Going in Hall of Fame

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
rediculous if you ask me. That is the hall of fame. Not the hall of little girl plays little league baseball and does good.

CysDoc

Mar 11, 2009
The bad area of the state.
rediculous if you ask me. That is the hall of fame. Not the hall of little girl plays little league baseball and does good.

Sound a little better than just good. 0 losses in 4 years and 2 perfect games last season? I realize its little league but still impressive numbers.

And besides its not like they giving her a bust next to Cy Young.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Sound a little better than just good. 0 losses in 4 years and 2 perfect games last season? I realize its little league but still impressive numbers.

And besides its not like they giving her a bust next to Cy Young.

it's because she throws a knuckleball. Wait till she gets to High School and gets destroyed when the physical development of the boys catches up to hers. This is ridiculous, the Hall of Fame isn't a place to put circus acts.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
it's because she throws a knuckleball. Wait till she gets to High School and gets destroyed when the physical development of the boys catches up to hers. This is ridiculous, the Hall of Fame isn't a place to put circus acts.

I smell jealousy.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006

As was said before, its an EXHIBIT. Nothing is permanent of hers going into the Hall of Fame. It will be there for a few months and gone.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

$50 says you couldn't hit her ... even with all your internalized rage focused on it.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
As was said before, its an EXHIBIT. Nothing is permanent of hers going into the Hall of Fame. It will be there for a few months and gone.

and an exhibit on women in baseball. She threw two perfect games against boys. I think it's very appropriate and awesome.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Has nothing to do with jealousy and has everything to do with a news cycle that is looking for anything to put on the airwaves, so they make an icon out of a girl that is physically and mentally superior to the boys she is playing against right now. Is she an excellent little league player, no doubt, but is there any reason to put her jersey in the hall of fame with the greatest players ever? No.
I just hate it when the media try's to force feed us human interest stories.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Holy crap there is a lot of envy in this thread. It is a nice gesture and an interesting story. Calm down.

Yea but there are hundreds of 13yr old boys around the country doing stuff like this and they don't get recognized. Just another example of equality between the sexes I guess.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Yea but there are hundreds of 13yr old boys around the country doing stuff like this and they don't get recognized.

and there's 1 girl.

seems like she might be pretty special - maybe an exhibit or something would be appropriate. oh wait, the hall just like a mosque - holy, and full of men.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Has nothing to do with jealousy and has everything to do with a news cycle that is looking for anything to put on the airwaves, so they make an icon out of a girl that is physically and mentally superior to the boys she is playing against right now. Is she an excellent little league player, no doubt, but is there any reason to put her jersey in the hall of fame with the greatest players ever? No.

Forcefeed? It's an internet link. I doubt this is going to be all the rage on MSNBC/CNN/FOXNews/or even ESPN.

Your jealousy is manifesting into unbridled rage.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
What about the FIU baseball player? If he breaks the streak set by Ventura he probably won't get anything put on display in the Hall. 13 year olds have probably never seen a knuckleball. I remember when I played I had trouble against soft throwing pitchers.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
What about the FIU baseball player? If he breaks the streak set by Ventura he probably won't get anything put on display in the Hall. 13 year olds have probably never seen a knuckleball. I remember when I played I had trouble against soft throwing pitchers.

Metal bat, unimpressed.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Apparently you've never been to a pro sports hall of fame. I've been to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton - at least 75% of what was there was a circus act...

And I have no problem with her getting an exhibit at Cooperstown. It's not like she's getting immortalized - they're recognizing a significant accomplishment. And if you don't think what she's done is significant, well, I bet she had a much greater Little League career than you did...

Last edited:

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

Yea but there are hundreds of 13yr old boys around the country doing stuff like this and they don't get recognized. Just another example of equality between the sexes I guess.

It's an EXHIBIT FOR WOMEN IN BASEBALL.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
and there's 1 girl.

seems like she might be pretty special - maybe an exhibit or something would be appropriate. oh wait, the hall just like a mosque - holy, and full of men.

So its an admission that women are inferior athletes to men then? Put her in the womens hall of fame or something then that has nothing to do with baseball, since thats the most important thing here obviously.