Chicago Police Scanner

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Which one do you listen to?

It is quite sad some of the stuff that goes on in the big cities. makes me glad to live in Des Moines when something like that does happen, its a bigger deal. People just don't get used to crime.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009

It is quite sad some of the stuff that goes on in the big cities. makes me glad to live in Des Moines when something like that does happen, its a bigger deal. People just don't get used to crime.

des moines is a growing city, give it 20-30 years it will be populated as hell and u will hear it a lot

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Buddy of my brother is a Chicago cop. Really nice kid. Stories he tells.

Why anyone would want to be a police officer in a town like that amazes me. A lot of credit to those people.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009

Why anyone would want to be a police officer in a town like that amazes me. A lot of credit to those people.

you should hear about the stories in brazil, a lot shadier place.

my friends dad was a cop down there. He told me one time him and his partner saw 2 guys trying to rape a girl. They handcuffed both of them to a gate, shoved barbed wire in 2 poles, rammed it up there ***, then removed the pole leaving the barbed wire in there, and then drove off. Never even drove back to check up on them.

this was of course a bad area in brazil, but strange how the cops are just as scary as the bad guys down there.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Oh geez, murders, rapes and robberies are just a small price to pay for the fine dining, culture and entertainment of the big city.:jimlad:Us bumpkins can stay out here in the sticks and be boring and safe.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
Oh geez, murders, rapes and robberies are just a small price to pay for the fine dining, culture and entertainment of the big city.:jimlad:Us bumpkins can stay out here in the sticks and be boring and safe.

chicago is a safe place as long as u know what the hell you are doing. If you walk into a shady neighborhood with your iphone and a wad of cash, expect to get jumped, hell expect to get jumped here too.

and yes, coddle up into your small town to not experience any other life because your afraid a big bad man might get you. Its the city, your going to have to expect some bad things coming out of it.

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
chicago is a safe place as long as u know what the hell you are doing. If you walk into a shady neighborhood with your iphone and a wad of cash, expect to get jumped, hell expect to get jumped here too.

and yes, coddle up into your small town to not experience any other life because your afraid a big bad man might get you. Its the city, your going to have to expect some bad things coming out of it.

Or live in the comforts of a small town and just visit from time to time. I agree, Chicago is a great town and I've enjoyed it every time I visit. But to me your attitude is the problem with these cities. People just accept the crime as something they have to deal with, it's pretty sad when people get used to this kind of stuff happening. Maybe its just me but I couldn't live that way.

cjb1978

Apr 9, 2010
Des Moines, IA

Just give everyone a gun and let God sort them all out.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines

The one with the most viewers.

CycloneChris

Jan 28, 2009
Chicago suburbs
Or live in the comforts of a small town and just visit from time to time. I agree, Chicago is a great town and I've enjoyed it every time I visit. But to me your attitude is the problem with these cities. People just accept the crime as something they have to deal with, it's pretty sad when people get used to this kind of stuff happening. Maybe its just me but I couldn't live that way.

What exactly are the comforts of Malvern, IA? Is it the one bank in town, or the 2 Senior Citizen homes?

The truth is more people can deal with the shortcomings of a big city than could deal with the near terminal boredom associated with living in small towns.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009

there will always be bad eggs wherever you go. You just see a lot more bad eggs when the population is 20x bigger than the population you are used to seeing.

anyone ever see the iowa state daily recently? its almost every time i pick up the paper and read the arrest articles there is the duis and public intoxication (obvious), but theres always one domestic assault/rape/child pedo hunter in it.

and you forget to realize, crime is improving, chicago crime has been down a lot lately, kind of surprising with less funding for police enforcement

Last edited:

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC

You do realize that there are parts of the city with more crime than others and parts of the city with less crime than others right?

Funny thing is you mention "Why anyone would want to be a police officer in a town like that amazes me." You act as if the entire city is crime central. Guess what? In my area of town, the crime is so low that police officers don't do jack ****. Actually, at one area near me that's basically a "pedestrian park" (I don't know how to explain it), the police will actually sit at chairs/tables and have normal friend-to-friend conversations with people because there's almost no crime.

It's all relative and it depends on what area of town you're talking about. Some police get blessed by patrolling certain areas.