Jan 3, 2009
Teams of note:

4. Texas
8. Oklahoma
9. Nebraska
10. Iowa
23. Auburn
24. Utah

Also, Northern Illinois recevied one vote.

USATODAY.com

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
don't know why everyone says ISU's schedule is so tough, less than half of the opponents are ranked! :smile:

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I still don't get what gets people thinking that Nebraska is a top 10 team, other than than the fact that they are Nebraska. Just another program that people are waiting for to come back (like Notre Dame). Rank them in the top 10 when they actually play like a top 10 team, not because you want them to be. I don't care what Pelini says, that defense is going to take a step back this year. No way they find a way to replace Suh in just one offseason. And Zac Lee is still his QB. That says more than enough to keep them out of the top 10 right there.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Ooh, NIU getting a vote? Good. Let's get em' and get our name in the "getting votes category" at least.

Go Cyclones!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I still don't get what gets people thinking that Nebraska is a top 10 team, other than than the fact that they are Nebraska. Just another program that people are waiting for to come back (like Notre Dame). Rank them in the top 10 when they actually play like a top 10 team, not because you want them to be. I don't care what Pelini says, that defense is going to take a step back this year. No way they find a way to replace Suh in just one offseason. And Zac Lee is still his QB. That says more than enough to keep them out of the top 10 right there.

I agree here. Watch out for Washington Nebby.

EICy

Jul 3, 2010
has there been a more overrated team than the fuksers this year ever? i dont think so

AlumNi

May 2, 2010
A favorable schedule, 10 returning starters on offense, one of the top special teams units in the nation and a deeper, more experienced defense, regardless of the loss of Suh.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
A favorable schedule, 10 returning starters on offense, one of the top special teams units in the nation and a deeper, more experienced defense, regardless of the loss of Suh.

If true, what you related above may equal a winning season or even a legitimate contender for Big 12 north crown, but it does not equal top ten.

Reactions: jsmith86

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008

And Nebraska still does not have a QB. The defense may be deeper and more experienced but you just don't replace the most disruptive college football player that I have ever seen.

Their defense will be very salty but the offense is still very suspect. Finally, from a conference standpoint, they will be facing some pretty hostile environments this Fall. It should be fun to watch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron