DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket Discount

Big12Cy

Jan 13, 2008
Most of you probably know this already, but...If you currently have NFL Sunday Ticket, and call in to cancel, they will offer you discounts to stay.

Last year they knocked off $20 or $30 per month and threw in the Superfan package. This year Superfan is already free, and when I called to cancel they knocked off $20 per month over 6 months. They may have done more for me, but I didn't want to push too hard and actually cancel my subscription.

Just thought I'd let you know, as a savings of $120 could be put toward some of the remaining $99 hillside tickets or even the $150 end zone tickets.

Few Endzone Season Tickets Remain - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

Last edited:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Yeah I did this a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't had ST for about 5 years but at this price i thought i would pull the trigger.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
My dad did this last year. They threw in the Superfan package for free and knocked the Sunday Ticket bill down I think about 25%.

The DirecTV rep. asked if he was satisfied. He responded, "I am, but my wife the movie buff of the family isn't." The DirecTV rep added 6 months of Starz and Showtime for free.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
With Super Fan for free, they automatically added on the option to watch from your computer or phone for $10 a month, something I didn't want. I called to cancel just that part. They didn't try to talk me into keeping it, and I never threatened to cancel the whole package. Without my asking, they gave me the $20 off for 6 months for being a "loyal customer".

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Is Sunday Ticket something that automatically renews? I signed up for DirecTV last year at this time for their deal where you get Sunday Ticket for free and wasn't sure if I'll see a nice big cost on my next bill.

Cystate22

Apr 11, 2006
Reinbeck, Iowa
Is Sunday Ticket something that automatically renews? I signed up for DirecTV last year at this time for their deal where you get Sunday Ticket for free and wasn't sure if I'll see a nice big cost on my next bill.

Yes, Sunday ticket renews every year, and if you don't cancel it you will be charged.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Been considering Sunday Ticket but since I'm headed back to Iowa for a few months I was curious if the Viking games are aired most weekends in Iowa regardless (kinda like the Cowboys are down here).

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Yes, Sunday ticket renews every year, and if you don't cancel it you will be charged.

Good to know. Thanks.

Been considering Sunday Ticket but since I'm headed back to Iowa for a few months I was curious if the Viking games are aired most weekends in Iowa regardless (kinda like the Cowboys are down here).

Vikings then usually the Bears are the priority on Fox it seems. Depends where in Iowa too. You are more likely to see a Bears game on Fox in Eastern Iowa.

Cystate22

Apr 11, 2006
Reinbeck, Iowa

I am sure it depends on what part of the state you are in, but I live in Eastern Iowa in Reinbeck which is close to Cedar Falls/Waterloo area and I get the Vikes on Fox 28 a lot. I am a Vikes fan so it makes me very happy. You also get the Bears and Packers games to on Fox 28. It just depends who is having a better year.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I am sure it depends on what part of the state you are in, but I live in Eastern Iowa in Reinbeck which is close to Cedar Falls/Waterloo area and I get the Vikes on Fox 28 a lot. I am a Vikes fan so it makes me very happy. You also get the Bears and Packers games to on Fox 28. It just depends who is having a better year.

It all depends on which team is better. If Favre comes back, Fox 28 will mostly show Vikings games. If Favre doesn't come back and the Vikings falter, Fox 28 will show mostly Packer games.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM

Your from Reinbeck? Go Rebels!

dswagclone

Mar 30, 2010
With Super Fan for free, they automatically added on the option to watch from your computer or phone for $10 a month, something I didn't want. I called to cancel just that part. They didn't try to talk me into keeping it, and I never threatened to cancel the whole package. Without my asking, they gave me the $20 off for 6 months for being a "loyal customer".

This^^^. Exact same thing for me. I got a letter from DTV noting the new aspects this year. Saw the regular Superfan was free, and saw they were charging for the computer access which I didn't need. Called into cancel this year's version of Superfan, and the guy just offered me the $120 off. I didn't even ask. Glad I called though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron