David Sims and NIU

cyclonenate

Oct 5, 2009
Des Moines
How big will him missing that game be? It was already going to be a tough game before. I guess 1 player leaving won't be that big of a loss and I still think we win it, though.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It was going to be tough with him, and losing him won't make it any easier. I'm with you though, I still have faith in the boys.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Iowa State still wins by at least 14-21 if not more.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Iowa State still wins by at least 14-21 if not more.

This. NIU's hype is based off of last season. A season during which they beat nobody of any significance. ISU will have more offensive firepower then anyone they have faced in awhile and I think NIU is in for a long night.

cyclonenate

Oct 5, 2009
Des Moines
This. NIU's hype is based off of last season. A season during which they beat nobody of any significance. ISU will have more offensive firepower then anyone they have faced in awhile and I think NIU is in for a long night.

How is there defense? Haven't heard much about it.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
There have been a few threads about the NIU game. Everyone needs to calm down about it. NIU is a decent team but they will NOT come into JTS and beat the Cyclones. Remember last year? There were people on this board that were worried that NDSU was going to roll into Ames and beat the Cyclones. Seriously?

While NIU might be favored to win the MAC it is still the MAC as far as I can recall. That conference was formed so that BCS conference teams throughout the midwest would have a collection of teams to beat up on in the non-conference portion of their schedules. ISU will have more talent position to position then NIU will have and that is what will do the Huskies in.

It's time to enter a season with some confidence. We will win this game.... handily.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
There have been a few threads about the NIU game. Everyone needs to calm down about it. NIU is a decent team but they will NOT come into JTS and beat the Cyclones. Remember last year? There were people on this board that were worried that NDSU was going to roll into Ames and beat the Cyclones. Seriously?

While NIU might be favored to win the MAC it is still the MAC as far as I can recall. That conference was formed so that BCS conference teams throughout the midwest would have a collection of teams to beat up on in the non-conference portion of their schedules. ISU will have more talent position to position then NIU will have and that is what will do the Huskies in.

It's time to enter a season with some confidence. We will win this game.... handily.

Also, for clarification NIU is picked to win the MAC WEST division, which is the weaker of the two. They are not predicted to be the best team in the entire MAC.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think some of you might be in for a surprise Sept. 2nd, and not a good one.

NIU is a sound football team and has a solid coach. The return a ton of starters from a team that went toe to toe with USF into the 4th quarter in their bowl game last year. We will not blow them out, and if somehow we do, ISU is a 7+ win team.

Losing Sims for this game isn't detrimental because NIU appears to be more weak in the passing game but I'm nervous about losing his strong run support.

The game will be won by the ISU Oline wearing down a smaller and less skilled NIU dline.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I think some of you might be in for a surprise Sept. 2nd, and not a good one.

NIU is a sound football team and has a solid coach. The return a ton of starters from a team that went toe to toe with USF into the 4th quarter in their bowl game last year. We will not blow them out, and if somehow we do, ISU is a 7+ win team.

Losing Sims for this game isn't detrimental because NIU appears to be more weak in the passing game but I'm nervous about losing his strong run support.

The game will be won by the ISU Oline wearing down a smaller and less skilled NIU dline.

NIU got beat 27-3 by USF in their bowl game with over a month to prepare for them. I am not worried AT ALL about NIU. :wideeyed:

NIU amassed 238 total yards of offense against USF while giving up 207 yards rushing to the USF running back who had 243 rushing yards for the season coming into that game. Keep in mind that kid had 1 carry for 18 yards in the first half while piling up the rest in the second half.

Last edited:

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
We have someone that most people, including the national media, arent accounting for. Paul Rhoads.
Do you think Paul Rhoads lets the 'Clones lose to NIU at home in the season opener?? I sure dont.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I think NIU will be a very tough game. I am hopeful for a Cyclone victory. I am thinking we win by a touchdown or less. NIU is a very good team. We better be ready.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
We will not lose. I just don't think we'll blow them out. Maybe a 10-12 point win.

Agreed. We never blow anyone out to start the season. I can't remember the last time I left JTS after the first game and thought, "wow, we looked a lot better than I expected."

Reactions: cyclonenate

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
The only way I see NIU hanging around in this one is if our offense goes "Cornhusker" and turns the ball over 8 times. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron