Kum & Go Beer

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Kum & Go beer? It will be cheap and the quality will be one step up from sewer water and two steps up from Natty Light. Krause is exploiting the down and out alcoholics with this one. Classy!

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
7-11 launched their own beer brand in April. It must be selling OK if K&G is pursuing it. I agree with the OP and hope they leave their name off of it as I already am streaming tears thinking of the nicknames it would receive.

Reactions: cyfanatic

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
It's a very interesting marketing situation. Did Kum & Go buy stock in a brewery somewhere, or are they just rebranding some other brewer's beer?

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
7-11 launched their own beer brand in April. It must be selling OK if K&G is pursuing it. I agree with the OP and hope they leave their name off of it as I already am streaming tears thinking of the nicknames it would receive.[/QUOTE]

:yes: It's an incredibly stupid name for a convenience store, but would be infinitly more funny on a beer can.

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
I would like to know the answer to this question as well. Would be cool if they partnered with an IA brewery.

There's no place in Iowa that's going to be able to produce the volume they're looking for.

I would assume that they are contracting it out to Miller or another macro-brewery.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I would assume that they are contracting it out to Miller or another macro-brewery.

If this is the case, I'm curious what the strategy is behind this.

To get a cheap beer and remove the stigma of the typical cheap beer brands by giving it a house brand name?

To get a much better price from on the entire product line from a macro-brewery due to more volume?

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
Since someone else started it and this thread won't last long I think they should call it Guzzler.

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
If this is the case, I'm curious what the strategy is behind this.

To get a cheap beer and remove the stigma of the typical cheap beer brands by giving it a house brand name?

To get a much better price from on the entire product line from a macro-brewery due to more volume?

There are very few large-scale brewers any more. Beers like Schlitz, and Pabst which are recipes and brands owned by Pabst are actually contracted out to Miller to produce. City Brewery in Lacrosse does contract brewing too, in fact that's why they bought the old Latrobe Brewery in PA (Rolling Rock is now made at AB facilities because they bought the company, recipe and brand)

I would imagine that Kum & Go has a recipe and a price-point in mind and they are contracting the production out to a larger brewery (like Miller) for fulfillment. No place in Iowa has the capacity for that kind of volume yet.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
"Milwaukee's Best" Beer with a Kum & Go label. It should probably be named "Horse ****".

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
as long as it is as easy to steal as all the other beers from Kum and Go it will be just fine.