Second-hand story guy at the bar

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think the worst is message board guy who tells a story about a guy telling a story that happened to someone else, I hate that guy.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I think the worst is message board guy who tells a story about a guy telling a story that happened to someone else, I hate that guy.

But ,wait? I was telling a first-hand story of what happened to me. With a question to top it off.

You sir, well, if I had a list, you would be #33. Old Latrobe. :yes:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
1st hand story of a guy telling a second-hand story, that's like 3 hands, that's too many hands.

Reactions: Tre4ISU

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Last night i frequented one of the town pubs for the first time. Thought since I have lived here for 1 year now, time to take the place in. Decent little dive, pretty much what I expected. TV, dart board, pool table. Same old stuff, ya know? Sat down and gabbed with on e of the flies at the bar. After a half-hour of pleasantries, he begins to tell stories of sexual conquest, wild parties, drag racing, and other machismo-esque stories. Always with the line, "This one time my buddies...."

None of these things happened to him, only the people he knew. Although this guy was obvious very popular, at least, popular enough to call and tell stories to, he always missed out on the insanity that is the life of his buddies. I tried not to laugh at him, but I had to have that last drink. As he started the story, I interrupted him and blatantly asked why his friends never call him before they go on their wild adventures. He responded that he gets too wild when out with the boys. From what I gathered, this guy was far from wild. Quite boring, actually.

So, what is worse: That guy in the bar spouting off all his "conquests", or the guy at the bar who is living vicariously through said "conquest" guy?

I probably won't be going back to that place anytime soon.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
The guy was alone in the bar, give him a break. At least he didn't talk about the greatest Hawkeye victories or the 15 year streak from Hell.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Nothing worse than people calling each other by there handles at bars and sporting events.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron