Fire up the griddle, boys, it's bacon-diet time

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Never been a fan of low carb anything. Your body needs the energy and while you will lose weight, it is temporary at best.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
low carb diets are not maintainable, because beer has carbs.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
How about a well balanced diet? The right amount of carbs, fats, and proteins to meet and sustain whatever goals you may have.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Never been a fan of low carb anything. Your body needs the energy and while you will lose weight, it is temporary at best.

The problem with that statement is that the diet is only low carb compared to the diets we are used to (which….we keep proving with time are only making us fat).

In reality, a healthy diet is low carb…but only "low" when compared to the crappy diet the average American eats. In reality, it isn't low for what our bodes really needs. It is the correct amount of carbs which is healthy (but by today's standards, we consider it "low").

This isn't rocket science guys.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
How about a well balanced diet? The right amount of carbs, fats, and proteins to meet and sustain whatever goals you may have.

Yeah...who hasn't had the "balanced diet" approach pounded into their heads for the last 25 years? I think we've proven that doesn't work because it is not specific enough. Can we finally retired that saying since it has proven to be a failure in getting people to eat correctly?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The problem with that statement is that the diet is only low carb compared to the diets we are used to (which….we keep proving with time are only making us fat).

In reality, a healthy diet is low carb…but only "low" when compared to the crappy diet the average American eats. In reality, it isn't low for what our bodes really needs. It is the correct amount of carbs which is healthy (but by today's standards, we consider it "low").

This isn't rocket science guys.

I eat pretty dang healthy and my diet is loaded with carbs. I load up on whole grains and they are anything but low carb. Fruits and veggies are full of carbs as well.
Carbs aren't the problem. Sugar and saturated fat is the problem.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
I eat pretty dang healthy and my diet is loaded with carbs. I load up on whole grains and they are anything but low carb. Fruits and veggies are full of carbs as well.
Lack of exercise relative to intake is nearly always the big issue.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I thought weight loss came down to calories in vs calories burned?

Weight loss and being healthy are not the same thing.

Proper diet and exercise results in proper weight loss for those looking to trim their waistline.

Anything else is temporary at best.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

Yes, complex carbs are good = whole grains, veggies. Again, I'm talking relative to the current American diet.

If you don't think Americans eat too many carbs, then you're wrong IMO. Maybe I should say "bad" carbs.

Last edited:

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Because over the years the defination of "eating healthy" has been a moving target.

My grandfather was diagnosed with coronary disease back in the 70's. The only nutrition advise that he got from his MD was to fry the bacon that he ate on a regular basis a little crisper.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron