ISU Releases MBB Schedule

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
how did we manage to get Northern Illinois on that schedule.. intersting but hey before the big 12 starts.. all those games are very winnable!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I like the nonconference schedule. You have a couple of challenges in UNI, cal, and Creighton but Tue rest should really help get this team some confidence.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I hope we can get back to the point where we are scheduling a more rigorous non-conference schedule that includes some of the big season kick-off tournaments.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Looks like we will probably be starting out the conference season at 1-4. There is another five game brutal stretch during conference play that we will be lucky to win one of five. I think five conference wins would be a major accomplishment for Fred in season one. If we could go 11-4 in the non conference and 5-11 in the conference that would put Fred at 16-15 in year one. 16-16 if we lose the first round of Big 12 tourney.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
looks like espn got tired of watching us get blasted by KU on saturdays..can't remember the last time we didn't play KU on a saturday at home

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
A couple of questions:

How do we have the Drake game in the middle of an Invitational?? Isn't that strange?

Also, we really don't leave the state of iowa until 12/30? Wow. Nice for a young team.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I hope we can get back to the point where we are scheduling a more rigorous non-conference schedule that includes some of the big season kick-off tournaments.

I agree. Once we get a post season caliber team that is.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Looks like we will probably be starting out the conference season at 1-4. There is another five game brutal stretch during conference play that we will be lucky to win one of five. I think five conference wins would be a major accomplishment for Fred in season one. If we could go 11-4 in the non conference and 5-11 in the conference that would put Fred at 16-15 in year one. 16-16 if we lose the first round of Big 12 tourney.

I would sign up for this in a heartbeat after what the roster looked like when Fred got here.

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Anybody else feel like our early conference schedule doesn't do us any favors? Always seem to have potentially winnable road games and our toughest home games. Just seems like we've had a lot of the toss-up games that make or break a conference season early the past few years. If you lose them it really gets you started on the wrong foot.

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
Very easy non conf schedule. I see us 12 and 3 going into conf play.... But from there, I do not anticipate a whole lot of wins.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Anybody else feel like our early conference schedule doesn't do us any favors? Always seem to have potentially winnable road games and our toughest home games. Just seems like we've had a lot of the toss-up games that make or break a conference season early the past few years. If you lose them it really gets you started on the wrong foot.
i would say basically the conference schedule hinges on the conference opener @ nebraska. win that game, we go into the schedule with a little bit of momentum. lose that game, it could be a very long year

BD4CY

Sep 22, 2007

I think the schedule looks good for a team that hasn't played much together. Rack up the wins early and build some confidence.