Kick ISU out of the BCS

CIRISH

Nov 21, 2009
According to Bleacher Report, Iowa State is one of 10 teams (joining Minnesota, Mississippi State, South Florida, Utah, Indiana, Washington State, Duke, Baylor, And Vandy on the sidelines) that should step aside and make room for TCU, BYU and others to join BCS conferences.

Druzilla is a provocateur and trolling for responses and he got them.

Month in and month out I find Bleacher Report to be the most ill-informed, idiotic site "covering" college football. The recruiting, coaching, and opinion pieces are inaccurate and almost always just wrong.

Here's to kicking *** and taking names in 2010!

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
The answer is to allow more conferences access to the BCS not take away the rights of others.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
It does have some merit. On the other hand ISU only needs to bowl in JTS and by doing so, the program will magically transform into a consistent national top 20 program. True. :wideeyed:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
They do realize of course, that if BYU, TCU, and others were in the Big 12, Big 10, SEC, etc... that they would then also make their list of teams that should be removed?

What I'm saying is that BYU and TCU would also not compete very well in the big time conferences as they do now in their lesser conferences.

ISU is in the top 30 schools in the entire country in athletics. The Director's Cup says so. How good is TCU at basketball?

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Heck, Utah just joined a BCS conference. Now they want them gone. This guy is just trying to get people riled up. Its always easy to kick the little guys.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
This is a good example of bloggers throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks. He's trying to cause a stir, and you fell for it :no:

johnnytsunami

Jun 28, 2010
They do realize of course, that if BYU, TCU, and others were in the Big 12, Big 10, SEC, etc... that they would then also make their list of teams that should be removed?

What I'm saying is that BYU and TCU would also not compete very well in the big time conferences as they do now in their lesser conferences.

ISU is in the top 30 schools in the entire country in athletics. The Director's Cup says so. How good is TCU at basketball?

Haha the directors cup.......please do us all a favor and quit bringing this up for ISU's defense....it embarrasses us all, no one cares......and when I say no one, I mean NO ONE

Reactions: AlleyAddict

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Haha the directors cup.......please do us all a favor and quit bringing this up for ISU's defense....it embarrasses us all, no one cares......and when I say no one, I mean NO ONE

My name is NO ONE.

It does mean something, it tells the strength of ALL programs compared to other schools.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
My name is NO ONE.

It does mean something, it tells the strength of ALL programs compared to other schools.

Yeah, I care too. Doesn't bother me if ISU is bad at the non-revenue sports, but if you are going to play them, you might as well try to win. I also like that those student athletes have a good experience at ISU. I'd trade 40 spots in the Director's Cup for an extra win in FB, but to say that it is worthless is pushing it.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Yeah, I care too. Doesn't bother me if ISU is bad at the non-revenue sports, but if you are going to play them, you might as well try to win. I also like that those student athletes have a good experience at ISU. I'd trade 40 spots in the Director's Cup for an extra win in FB, but to say that it is worthless is pushing it.

It also helps the overall budget. If WBB and Volleyball are bringing in more people to watch the games/matches, it reduces the amount they need. This also helps FB down the road.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Why, is the Directors Cup somehow making ISU look bad?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

You're exactly right. Kicking the "losing" schools out of the BCS would not solve anything. In conference play, you will always have winners and losers. The games will be played, and someone will have to lose them.

You could compare it to the NFL. This would almost be like kicking the Lions out of the NFL and adding the Texas Longhorns because of how many games they win. Neglecting to see how good the teams were that the Lions played.

So TCU beats up on the MWC... and eventually they build themselves into a pretty darn good program. This is HAS TO happen!! Someone in that conference HAS to become good! They can't ALL lose!

Such claims like this by the Bleacher report are just stupid.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to step down from my job. I really enjoyed my job... and I do a pretty good job and my co-workers all like me... but I know there are some recent graduates that are looking for the same type of job... and some of those guy's have done rediculously good in school and I've decided to step down to make room in the job market for them!

:jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron