Full set of Taylor Made R9's from Amazon for $112.50!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneBack

Apr 17, 2007
West Des Moines
Anyone else order a set from The Golf Warehouse via Amazon? They were incorrectly priced at $112.50 (from $899). I happened to notice the price mistake early yesterday morning while in the office. I ordered a set, knowing full well that I probably wouldn't receive them. It looks like others may have thought they were actually going to get them and are pretty PO'd.

See customer reviews: Amazon.com: Rh taylor made r9 tp 3-pw kbs stl s: Sports &…

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
do you guys remember two years ago when that gas station miss-priced the gas to 25 cents a gal. and after thousands of dollars figured it out and went back and charged all of the credit cards used to buy the cheep gas the full amount? I guess the golf retailer is calling an audible like that gas station did.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
do you guys remember two years ago when that gas station miss-priced the gas to 25 cents a gal. and after thousands of dollars figured it out and went back and charged all of the credit cards used to buy the cheep gas the full amount? I guess the golf retailer is calling an audible like that gas station did.
I can't see how that's legal.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
well it was national news too- a poor lady was on there saying it was a miracle only to find out later that they charged her the full price per gallon.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006

I was never charged full amount.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009

This is quite a bit different. The retailer didn't go back and charge everyone the full price. They just cancelled the transaction before delivery. I would guess that in the "Terms and Conditions" page that nobody reads, there is a clause allowing the company to cancel the transaction for mistakes like this (or any other reason).

Also, do you have a link to the story you mention? I don't see how a retailer could get away with that (maybe they tried, but didn't get away with it).

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
It's become the good ol American way. Try and get something for nothing, and when you don't, ***** about it. I would be willing to bet most of the people ordering them were just doing it to turn a quick buck. There is probably less then 5% of the golfing population that should be playing those clubs.

It was a major mistake and I'm glad they didn't honor the cheaters trying to get (steal) them.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
This is quite a bit different. The retailer didn't go back and charge everyone the full price. They just cancelled the transaction before delivery. I would guess that in the "Terms and Conditions" page that nobody reads, there is a clause allowing the company to cancel the transaction for mistakes like this (or any other reason).

Also, do you have a link to the story you mention? I don't see how a retailer could get away with that (maybe they tried, but didn't get away with it).

I just tried to find the story, all i remember about it was gas was around $4 and it was a segment on the nightly national news. I am bummed I cant find it- I know it is different than the golf clubs but it seemed like a situation where you feel you are entitled to get "away" with something and then it turns out sour. What I take from it is if I were filling up at .25, I would pay cash.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
It's become the good ol American way. Try and get something for nothing, and when you don't, ***** about it. I would be willing to bet most of the people ordering them were just doing it to turn a quick buck. There is probably less then 5% of the golfing population that should be playing those clubs.

It was a major mistake and I'm glad they didn't honor the cheaters trying to get (steal) them.
What's cheating about ordering a product at its listed price and expecting to get said product?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

:eek: cheaters trying to steal them??
-The clubs were listed at a certain price.
-People wanted a great deal on great clubs.
-They bought them for that listed price.
-Now, they aren't getting them.
Where are they cheating and stealing them?

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA

Well you sound pretty stupid for saying that, makes no sense whatsoever. Sounds more like your panties are in a bunch because you didn't see the deal too.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm pretty sure that not selling the clubs at the $112.50 is completely legal on Amazon's part. I want to say we talked about it in business law, but I'm not 100% sure I'm right. There are special rules for if you mess up pricing/advertising, especially e-tailing.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
If you deposited $100 and the bank accidentally entered it as $1000 I would think that most people would realize it was a mistake and expect the bank to correct it.

If you bought the clubs for $800 and they charged you $8,000 you would expect the company to fix the mistake.

I see very little difference. I see nothing wrong with trying to get one of these deals but I'm a little annoyed by people who whine when the mistake is fixed.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If you deposited $100 and the bank accidentally entered it as $1000 I would think that most people would realize it was a mistake and expect the bank to correct it.

If you bought the clubs for $800 and they charged you $8,000 you would expect the company to fix the mistake.

I see very little difference. I see nothing wrong with trying to get one of these deals but I'm a little annoyed by people who whine when the mistake is fixed.
The main difference is that the clubs were actually listed at said price. If they were listed at $800, then you bought them and they charged you $112, then people would expect them to correct the mistake. And they wouldn't whine about being charged the listed amount.
They bought the clubs because they were actually listed at $112. Therefore, you expect to get that deal.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Pretty much summed up right here in the pricing notification on their website....

"With respect to items sold by Amazon.com, we can't confirm the price of an item until you order; however, we do NOT charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
This policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Sellers may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item."