Billboard Hypothetical

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Say we beat Nebraska again this year, I'm thinking that it would be necessary to put up a billboard along I-80, probably just west of the I-35N exit for the Nebraska football team to see on their future bus trips to Iowa City.

What should the tag-line read in order to encourage them to keep driving and remind them of their last trip to Ames and ISU's last trip to Lincoln? Whatcha' got?

Big12Cy

Jan 13, 2008
Na, Na, Na, Na....Na, Na, Na, Na...hey, hey, hey....Good Riddance!!!

For some reason Ns are not showing in Red, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I would say take the money you were going to spend on the billboard and use it for something worthwhile. I could give two ***** what kNU sees on their trips to EIU.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Na, Na, Na, Na....Na, Na, Na, Na...hey, hey, hey....Good Riddance!!!

For some reason Ns are not showing in Red, but you get the idea.

I like that, then put this on the bottom of the poster:

10\24\2009---9-7. 11\6\2010---21-10.

With the background being a picture of the postgame locker celebration from last year.

CYKXBUT

Jul 21, 2006
Say we beat Nebraska again this year, I'm thinking that it would be necessary to put up a billboard along I-80, probably just west of the I-35N exit for the Nebraska football team to see on their future bus trips to Iowa City.

What should the tag-line read in order to encourage them to keep driving and remind them of their last trip to Ames and ISU's last trip to Lincoln? Whatcha' got?

If ISU would win, I would place it on I-80 westbound, just east of Lincoln, but that is just me. It would be something for N fans to savor for more than one week.

cjb1978

Apr 9, 2010
Des Moines, IA
I would have to say thank you for the memories over the last two seasons or something like that.

I actually looked the cost up and it isn't that bad if everyone wanted to donate:

"On average they rent for $500.00 to $8,000.00 a month, which varies with where and how many people actually view it. Of course a busy highway would cost more than a freeway that only sees ten cars a day. Besides that you have to pay for making the actual design and putting it up, which would run between $480.00 to $1,000.00. Adding that together: $880 to $9,000 a month."

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
My take:

Big 12 things to do:

1. clean house
2. send farewell to Cornhuskers and Buffaloes
3. have party, celebrate championship
4. ask ISU to not run up the score when playing UN.
5. collect past due rent

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
For some reason, I think the Nebraska team will have our game and the Texas game as their 2 circled games this year. Maybe they don't feel the need for payback as much as I would expect, but I have a hunch they do. All they need is to play that YouTube video before the game to build a little fire in their team after national embarassment. Of course, I think that same video will work just as well being played in the ISU locker room.

Which is stronger: motivation from pride and excitement or motivation from anger and revenge?

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
For some reason, I think the Nebraska team will have our game and the Texas game as their 2 circled games this year. Maybe they don't feel the need for payback as much as I would expect, but I have a hunch they do. All they need is to play that YouTube video before the game to build a little fire in their team after national embarassment. Of course, I think that same video will work just as well being played in the ISU locker room.

Which is stronger: motivation from pride and excitement or motivation from anger and revenge?

Forget the locker room, put it on the jumbo-tron during pregame! (perhaps right before they start the walk-out video for the Cyclones)

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
"If you can't beat em- leave em." In reality we had better worry about winning first before we throw down any smack.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I would say take the money you were going to spend on the billboard and use it for something worthwhile. I could give two ***** what kNU sees on their trips to EIU.

Put up a the football score and basketball scores and have it read "You still have gymnastics" or said sport that they have beat us at.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
"Go play the other white meat if you want to win."

"Ames is a four letter word for ya huskers."

"What city rhymes with Games that you cannot beat?"

"Watch out for the restroom stalls in IC."

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
"1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8. More turnovers than points. Priceless."