Shrine Bowl tonight

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just found out that the Shrine Bowl is tonight at the Jack. Nobody has mentioned this, have they?

Sounds like Jacob Gannon, Brandon Jensen, and Nick Kron will be playing. Also, some walk-ons as well.

Does anyone know if this will be replayed on TV tomorrow like they've done in the past?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Mediacom channel tomorrow at noon.

Great, I don't get Mediacom.

Will anyone be going that can give us an idea how our guys do? I'd like to hear a report.

The best Shrine Bowl ever had to be the one where Meyer and Blythe lit it up big time. We kinda knew then that they'd be pretty good players. Will be interesting to see who does well tonight.

I bet the James Morris kid from Solon that is going to Iowa will be one of the best ones out there.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Will anyone be going that can give us an idea how our guys do? I'd like to hear a report.

The best Shrine Bowl ever had to be the one where Meyer and Blythe lit it up big time. We kinda knew then that they'd be pretty good players. Will be interesting to see who does well tonight.

I bet the James Morris kid from Solon that is going to Iowa will be one of the best ones out there.

Morris has some wheels, but I didn't see much from him that made me think he was the best player in the state (or top 2 or whatever). He didn't have a ton of tackles.

The score was surprising to me...the South had all of the D1 scholarship players and basically got smoked. Thought Kron looked good and Gannon did a good job out there, but he'll need a few years in the weightroom before he sees the field. Gannon lined up against Heissel (iowa walk-on DL) a lot and handled him just fine. I did think that Haluska looked good as a possession WR.

jtm

Mar 31, 2006

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I might be a little biased but I still think ISU should have offered Zach Steinhoff from Manson Northwest Webster. He had two great catches and the other team was telling him how sweet the catches he made were. Sounds like the other players were impressed with his game as well. Hopefully he can get bigger at ICCC and get an offer because he's quick, great hands, and 4.44 forty to go with it.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
I might be a little biased but I still think ISU should have offered Zach Steinhoff from Manson Northwest Webster. He had two great catches and the other team was telling him how sweet the catches he made were. Sounds like the other players were impressed with his game as well. Hopefully he can get bigger at ICCC and get an offer because he's quick, great hands, and 4.44 forty to go with it.

i've ran track against Zach the kid is a stud don't challenge him it just motivates him more.. though sometimes he comes off as Cocky, and sometimes he likes to talk a lotta trash, i think Coach Twait at ICCC will do great work with him.. this is just what i am told from my close Manson friends that he wants to Walk-On here hopefully he keeps with it and continues to work hard.

edit: you're from manson aren't you? you probably already knew that if you are.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Funny, I JUST read on another ISU site that Morris looked really good.

He was the South's team offensive MVP it sounds like. So either he did well, or they didn't have anyone who stood out and just gave it to the Iowa guy.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
You can't base anything off the Shrine game. I watched it last season and Jake Knott looked pretty bad in it, but we all know how he has turned out so far.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
He was the South's team offensive MVP it sounds like. So either he did well, or they didn't have anyone who stood out and just gave it to the Iowa guy.

David Johnson from Clinton was the South's Offensive MVP. Morris didn't play offense. Really, I didn't see any players on either side that just tore it up.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The big thing to keep in mind is that these kids haven't played organized football for 9ish months and aren't going to be in great football condition.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Brandon Jenson will never see the field at ISU. He is getting man handled in this game. Kron seems like a hard worker, but he is going to need a couple years before he gets significant playing time. Gannon is going to play wants he gets some muscle built up. He is a big boy that seems fairly athletic for that size.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
i've ran track against Zach the kid is a stud don't challenge him it just motivates him more.. though sometimes he comes off as Cocky, and sometimes he likes to talk a lotta trash, i think Coach Twait at ICCC will do great work with him.. this is just what i am told from my close Manson friends that he wants to Walk-On here hopefully he keeps with it and continues to work hard.

edit: you're from manson aren't you? you probably already knew that if you are.

I know Zach very well. He will talk when he knows he can back it up, which usually against the athletes he goes against he can. I have no idea who from Manson you speak with, but Zach's goal isn't to walk-on at a school, he is going to go where he is getting a scholarship and he is going to play.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
You can't base anything off the Shrine game. I watched it last season and Jake Knott looked pretty bad in it, but we all know how he has turned out so far.

Brandon Jenson will never see the field at ISU. He is getting man handled in this game. Kron seems like a hard worker, but he is going to need a couple years before he gets significant playing time. Gannon is going to play wants he gets some muscle built up. He is a big boy that seems fairly athletic for that size.

A bit contradictory.:wink:

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
I know Zach very well. He will talk when he knows he can back it up, which usually against the athletes he goes against he can. I have no idea who from Manson you speak with, but Zach's goal isn't to walk-on at a school, he is going to go where he is getting a scholarship and he is going to play.

no i know he only talks when he knows he can and will win. I'm not bashing him, i know he's a great athlete i get along well with him he is personable and easy to talk to, really great kid.
What about Cue? have you heard anything about him? i know he is a die hard clone fan, i heard a rumor that he wants to play for ISU, is that true? he's got the body type that fits.

Intheno

Jul 13, 2010
It seems like Kevin Jackson's boy had a great game, he was mentioned in the Ames Tribune several times and a few different pictures. He played defensive tackle and had 8 unassisted tackles. Heard he never played that position in high school. Congrats to him.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I don't know about that. Jensen did seem to have a decent jump off the ball. He could very easily spend the next two years in the weightroom and come out a 6'4 300 lb NG. I have high hopes for Kron. He'll redshirt, but as a RSFR, I see him in the two deep at 6'3 255 and getting bigger. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him as a three year starter.

Gannon looked really skinny out there...roster said 280 and I would bet he was more like 250. But he moves fairly well, was decently quick and was aggressive. He's another guy, spend two years in the weightroom and come out a 6'7 310 lb beast RT.