View from End zone?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Mar 9, 2010
I am considering buying tickets to a couple of games from a friend that are in section DD. Has anyone sat here before? How is the view? They are in row 2, and I am a little concerned about it being too low to see the field very well. Anyone have experience here, or any of the other sections in the end zone? Thanks!

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
The view is great to watch plays to developed with the passing game or lanes opening in the running game when they are heading toward you.

It is impossible to determine how many yards were gained/lost. The other big problem is the only video board is behind you.

Mar 9, 2010
Hmm, the problem with seeing the number of yards is what I was afraid of. I might pass those up. Appreciate the insight.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I sit in Section DD three rows from the top. The view isn't to bad in my opinion, ya you cant tell how many yards gained the majority of the time but for the price I pay its okay with me.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I sit in Section DD three rows from the top. The view isn't to bad in my opinion, ya you cant tell how many yards gained the majority of the time but for the price I pay its okay with me.

This alone should be enough reason not to buy tickets in that section. Cycrazy is there.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
All the things mentioned above is true, but when the ball is around the south endzone you're right on top of the field and it's awesome...I wouldn't hesitate to sit there, but the concessions are a long haul.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I'd bet stitting up high in the endzone isnt bad. ive sat in a very low row and it wasnt all that great. Of course that particular game, both teams spent the entire game at the other end of the field. :sad:

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
If you're as low as Row 2, it isn't a good view. Trust me I've had views from that height and angle for about 6 years. The views higher up on the South Endzone aren't bad though. I'd say you want to be at about row 10 or higher.

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
I have bought tickets in the south enzone before. Video board behind me was not a big deal. Gave me a reason to stand up and bend, so I was not stiff after the game. The seats have backrests, which was a plus. I never sat that low, and that may be a problem. Other thing, is I always wear earplugs, because CyCrazy is there, or was it because of the speakers on the scoreboard. hmmm. It can be loud in the endzone.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I have bought tickets in the south enzone before. Video board behind me was not a big deal. Gave me a reason to stand up and bend, so I was not stiff after the game. The seats have backrests, which was a plus. I never sat that low, and that may be a problem. Other thing, is I always wear earplugs, because CyCrazy is there, or was it because of the speakers on the scoreboard. hmmm. It can be loud in the endzone.

Oh come on, I have calmed way down since my student section days.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I sit there at the top, row 29...the best thing I like about it: close enough to go to the car for beers at halftime (i always park in the lot on the south side of the stadium), and secondly you can stand up at the top and shoot the breeze with other folks kind of a small town high school game atmosphere pretty cool...

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
I do like the atmosphere. I have talked with many fans sitting there. My wife loves to sit in the end zone, but we never sit that low, and she does not want to sit in the center. She has a fear of being hit by a field goal or extra point. My daughter broke her nose by walking near some football players in a park, who were kicking the ball. The yelled heads up, my daughter looked up, and that was the second time she broke her nose in her teen years.

mganzeveld

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Rapids
I've had season tickets in Section CC Row 8 since 2006 and we love our seats. We were a young family at the time and when they opened it up at $99 a seat we couldn't refuse. I've caught a field goal every year and it is fun to try and catch them during the pre-game and halftime practices. The bathrooms are close if you are ok with porta-potties. I've gotten a lot better at judging the yardage on the band end of the field but when it is that far down you can just turn around and watch the big screen.

Cyfan4good

Jul 7, 2009
Ankeny
We sat there for a couple years before buying season tickets. The key is being as high as you can to see down on the field. Great for seeing plays develop. Any thing you miss just turn around and watch the replay on the big screen right behind you. What ever you do just be there man!!!!!!!

Go Clones:chatterbox:

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
I am considering buying tickets to a couple of games from a friend that are in section DD. Has anyone sat here before? How is the view? They are in row 2, and I am a little concerned about it being too low to see the field very well. Anyone have experience here, or any of the other sections in the end zone? Thanks!

IMO, any seat at the stadium is better than TV at home. At home, you get to see if the QB shaved or not, and you get to watch about half of the 22 players on the field at any given time. At the game, you can see all 22 players all the time. You can see situations fully develop and appreciate what is going on a lot better. If you get there and find you can't stand the seats, there's always the grassy corners, or you could stand behind the handicap seating areas. You don't want to miss the tailgate, do you?

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
I used to think endzone seats would be horrible, but after trying them, they are pretty neat. If you get a few rows up, you can watch the play develop left and right and even see how the crown of the field is a factor. You'll see the lateral part of the game and see holes on offense and defense more similar to what the players see.

I hope that any future development of a South endzone project would have a higher pitch for seating as the higher you get the better the view. We could sell a lot of bleacher seats and suites if they go vertical.

To make more money and provide a unique game experience, Iowa State must do something different - and if they put a high pitch on a South Endzone Seating project, they will succeed.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
I have had seats second row from the top, even with one of the uprights, since they started selling those at a discount a few years ago. Not the greatest view but great atmosphere. Right on the field when they are heading to the south end zone.

We are on the aisle so I can get up and down easily and move around when I get excited (which is often). Plus the metal bleachers make a lot of noise of stomped on correctly.

If I had to donate $2500 and pay full price I wouldn't sit there. But for the money its a heck of a good deal IMO.

dglade

May 13, 2006
Waukee
I have seats in DD around row 15 or so. It is great time. Personally I wish the student section would come down our way. Too many people like to sit out their hands. Then I get yelled at for standing and making noise. The people in front of me moved because I was too loud. Now I don't have to worry since my buddies sit there.