AA

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
The third AA; Alex Alvarez. I'm rooting for this kid big time. Came in unhearlded, coaching changes, could have left, etc. Stuck it out, got 20 starts under his belt, continues to improve, now a 3 year starter. I think he's going to maul, power and destroy guys in the run game. Provided he stays healthy, I look for Alex to garner Big-12 recognition at years end. Alex, thanks for choosing ISU and I'm damn proud of you... looking forward to your Sr. year.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
There might not be another ISU football starter talked about LESS than Alvarez. Hope he has another great season.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
The third AA; Alex Alvarez. I'm rooting for this kid big time. Came in unhearlded, coaching changes, could have left, etc. Stuck it out, got 20 starts under his belt, continues to improve, now a 3 year starter. I think he's going to maul, power and destroy guys in the run game. Provided he stays healthy, I look for Alex to garner Big-12 recognition at years end. Alex, thanks for choosing ISU and I'm damn proud of you... looking forward to your Sr. year.
I agree, this Oline even with the loss of SH, is one of the best in the league and in the country. It has been great to see Alex and Ben grow, but with even bigger strides under this coaching staff.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
I saw a thread looking for step-up/surprise players... Alvarez. I think he's underrated...

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
One of the most underrated guys I can ever remember. He's been overshadowed by Lamaak, KO, Stephens, and Haughton, but he's pretty good. When he just showed up on campus one day, I thought he would never even play a game. I was wrong and he has become one of ISU's best lineman in the past 5-10 years.

He could even end up drafted if he stays healthy this year. Starting 30+ games for a BCS school should at least get his name out there and get him a free agency.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I thought that he was the weak point in the line the last two years, but it seemed to me that he came around late last year and started playing better. IMO Hicks is the one who can take this from an average OL to a good one. They need him big time because I think that Bykowski and Lichtenburg are a year away yet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron