Osemele recognized on ESPN

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Anyone else see that Kelechi Osemele made the first team all Big 12 on espn, according to the Blue Ribbon All Conference Predictions? No other clones on the list, but I thought Osemele was not getting enough recognition coming into this season.

npods

Apr 11, 2006
Space Camp U.S.A
I did not see that, but I heard from a friend of my cousin's that his baby sister dates him and that he was also on the short list of contenders to eat an entire half a steer at hickory park.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Was Mangino on that short list?

The darkhorse to pull the upset is the football coach at Maryland. He likes food.

20090810__20090811_C01_SP11BRITE~p1_200.JPG

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I did not see that, but I heard from a friend of my cousin's that his baby sister dates him and that he was also on the short list of contenders to eat an entire half a steer at hickory park.
Thank you, Simone.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
KO is an absolute beast.

I think him, ARob and Sims are first teamers at season end.

If DeMarco Murray stays healthy, A-Rob will have a hard time making first team. Murray made it last season even though he was hurt most of the year and had worse numbers than a lot of backs. I think A-Rob will be a second teamer even with huge numbers because of all the great running backs the Big 12 have. Murray, A-Rob, Thomas, Hunter, Helu, Washington, Batch, and it doesn't matter who Texas has, they always have good backs.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I believe David Ubben had KO at about 27 or so on his top 25 players in the Big XII list. He made the honorable mention list.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The battle I remember ended up 35-3.

I am not saying that KO is not an outstanding player. He deserves his accolades. But to say he "dominates" AC?

Typical Hawk fan. You laughed at the thought of KO dominating AC. Stay focused here, I know its tough, the OP posted something about a player not the score.

"We played like [expletive]," Clayborn said. "We weren't doing well on the pass rush. I was getting my [butt] kicked sometimes. I don't know what was wrong, but that was our turning point. We got together after that game and said we need to turn it around."

It's easy to look at the lopsided final score, but a closer examination of the Iowa-Iowa State game shows why Clayborn and his linemates were a little peeved on the bus ride back from Ames.

• Iowa surrendered 190 rush yards, its third highest total of the season.
  • Iowa State running back Alexander Robinson reached the 100-yard rushing plateau on only 19 carries, and Cyclones quarterback Austen Arnaud, who had an otherwise miserable performance, rushed for 56 yards on nine carries.
  • Iowa failed to generate a sack against Iowa State, which would mark the only time all season that the Hawkeyes didn't drop an opposing quarterback in his own backfield.

Other than the final outcome, Iowa's linemen and defensive coordinator Norm Parker had little to be happy about.

-EPSN article
"I just didn't think they played as hard as they should have," Parker said. "On film, there didn't appear to be enough extra effort."

Reactions: mfelske

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Typical Hawk fan. You laughed at the thought of KO dominating AC. Stay focused here, I know its tough, the OP posted something about a player not the score.

"We played like [expletive]," Clayborn said. "We weren't doing well on the pass rush. I was getting my [butt] kicked sometimes. I don't know what was wrong, but that was our turning point. We got together after that game and said we need to turn it around."

It's easy to look at the lopsided final score, but a closer examination of the Iowa-Iowa State game shows why Clayborn and his linemates were a little peeved on the bus ride back from Ames.

• Iowa State running back Alexander Robinson reached the 100-yard rushing plateau on only 19 carries, and Cyclones quarterback Austen Arnaud, who had an otherwise miserable performance, rushed for 56 yards on nine carries.
  • Iowa failed to generate a sack against Iowa State, which would mark the only time all season that the Hawkeyes didn't drop an opposing quarterback in his own backfield.

Other than the final outcome, Iowa's linemen and defensive coordinator Norm Parker had little to be happy about.

-EPSN article
"I just didn't think they played as hard as they should have," Parker said. "On film, there didn't appear to be enough extra effort."

Why do you have to do silly things like pull out facts. Now your just trying to be right.

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010

-EPSN article

It was stated the week leading up to it that the defense was going to put pressure on the running game to win. Arnaud has burned the Iowa defense in the past with his short passes, everyone knows that. Clayborn had one of his two deflected passes for the year in the ISU game, a game in which the LBs and DBs played back to try to counter Arnaud's potential. I'm relying on you to piece together what I'm getting at here.

The article is stating that not just AC but the entire Iowa defensive line was "dominated" last year. You are now sounding like you expect not just AC but the entire defensive line, the same line which many have as the #1 line in the nation, is going to get dominated this year.

You can pull out all of the articles you want from after the game. Pull some Norm Parker clips from the week leading up to it and you'll see how many times he acknowledges the problem Iowa has had with Arnaud.

I love how every time there is a response, it is scoffed at as a "typical Iowa response".

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010
Again, it's not to take away from KO or to even say he didn't do a good job against AC.. but the terminology that is used sometimes.. this domination stuff.. good lord.