Really, really excited

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
Forget about Uthoff. Is it OK to be excited not for the upcoming year but the one after that?

2011-12 Starting Lineup

PG: Bubu 6-1 RS SO
SG: Babb 6-5 RS JR
SF: Ejim 6-6 SO
PF: White 6-8 RS FR
PF: Booker 6-8 RS JR

ISU has never put such talent on the same floor at the same time. Freddy says he wants to play up tempo and with the athleticism of the above lineup I can see > 80 pts per game and a definite NCAA run.

Oh, and off the bench: guards DP and SC - both seniors, frontcourt players in Railey, McKnight, Godfrey. And this doesn't even consider incoming freshman.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
We're going to start a walk-on at the point?

It's better than any talent we've ever put on the floor?

Last edited:

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Forget about Uthoff. Is it OK to be excited not for the upcoming year but the one after that?

2011-12 Starting Lineup

ISU has never put such talent on the same floor at the same time. Freddy says he wants to play up tempo and with the athleticism of the above lineup I can see > 80 pts per game and a definite NCAA run.

Oh, and off the bench: guards DP and SC - both seniors, frontcourt players in Railey, McKnight, Godfrey. And this doesn't even consider incoming freshman.
Really??? Iowa State has never put so much talent on the floor at the same time?? We have never even seen any of these guys play. Tinsley, Fizer, Horton, Shirley, Nurse, and Rancik would probably disagree.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I want to see Bubu play in a game before I set him as the starter point guard for next year.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
We're going to start a walk-on at the point...and it's better than any talent we've ever put on the floor?
Exactly - I would say the two big 12 championship teams had pretty decent talent, the Hoiberg Team was talented, every team that has been to the tournament has been talented..even this past years team was talented considering a first rounder and at least one other that will play some level of pro ball...love the enthusiasm, but lets see some results before we get too carried away...also discounting Utoff is really unnecessary - we wanted him, we didn't get him and so it goes.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
RW will be a Sophmore whether he plays this year or not and SC is going to be tough to unseed from the 2-guard.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
That lineup looks nowhere near the lineup I think we'll see in 2011. No way Bubu starts at PG and I also don't think Babb will start as well, DP will be the starting SG.

cyclonepower3

Dec 2, 2009
Ames
There is no way Scottie is not starting...he looked great this summer and I wouldn't be surprised by a big season from him this year if he is healthy...then he would definitely be starting his senior year

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

2011-12 Starting Lineup

Thats a poor starting lineup. I love the potential of Bubu and Booker, but one is a walk on and the other averaged a few ppg last year in the MVC.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I'm really excited about that lineup too. Although, no offense to Bubu, that lineup is one above average point guard away from being very scary.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
count me as one person who won't be offended if we start a walk-on. If he's the most deserving, he should play.

some people get so hung up on the term "walk-on"

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
count me as one person who won't be offended if we start a walk-on. If he's the most deserving, he should play.

some people get so hung up on the term "walk-on"

Exactly. If he is actually one of the top 3-4 PGs in the Big 12 that would be awesome. How many walk ons are? I think thats the point being made.

There is being 'solid, or average' and then there is scary good. Teams led by walk on PGs are rarely scary.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Exactly. If he is actually one of the top 3-4 PGs in the Big 12 that would be awesome. How many walk ons are? I think thats the point being made.

There is being 'solid, or average' and then there is scary good. Teams led by walk on PGs are rarely scary.

Well then lets all collectively not write him off (maybe even support him?). We haven't even seen him play yet. It bugs me that people here write him off simply because of his status

edit: there are soo few "scary good" PG's out there... handful per year

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Well then lets all collectively not write him off (maybe even support him?). We haven't even seen him play yet. It bugs me that people here write him off simply because of his status

edit: there are soo few "scary good" PG's out there... handful per year

Point being he was not better than Dom Buckley and DG last year. Instead he redshirted. How good can he be? Im sure he will be serviceable, but so are a LOT of guys.

Nobody is writing him off.... its just reality. Everyone will pull for him to have a John Neal type of game here and there.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
alright, this supposedly super-star line up is filled with a bunch of question marks.
Babb- averaged like 10 ppg at Penn State. If he is such a stud why didn't he average more for a crappy team. Then again, maybe it just wasn't the right place or maybe he has fully developed yet.
Booker- averaged maybe 8 ppg for a down SIU team. He's undersized (height wise) for a post and same as Babb why didn't he average more. I've never seen him play so maybe he's a Laron Dendy kinda guy but I don't really see it.
Ejim- I'm definately excited about him but he might not be able to play at the college level. He averaged like 30 ppg in the CCL but let's not kid ourselves that's not a huge accomplishment. He definately has a lot of upside but let's not build him up to be one of the great and then be greatly disappointed when he's average at best.
White- Once again who knows if he can play Big 12 ball. Great high school player but once again undersized (height). Plus, there's still a chance that he never plays for us. (NBA, transfer, trouble)
Bubu- He came in as a walk-on and not a scholly player for a reason. He's quick and averaged 20 ppg in the CCL (plus tourney MVP) but he's also about 5'8" or so. The potential is there but most likely isn't going to become the pg on the best ISU team ever.

I'm not meaning to bash these guys or the team just stating the facts. I do think that we could get a pretty good team on the court for 11-12 season (not necessarily these guys ^) but I don't think we need to be wetting ourselves this early.

As for my line-up for that season I would go...
C- McKinght, Railey, recruit
PF- White, Godfrey, Booker
SF- Ejim, recruit
SG- Scotty, Babb, recruit
PG- Phillips, Odunsi, Bubu, recruit

Reactions: ajk4st8

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Point being he was not better than Dom Buckley and DG last year. Instead he redshirted. How good can he be? Im sure he will be serviceable, but so are a LOT of guys.

Nobody is writing him off.... its just reality. Everyone will pull for him to have a John Neal type of game here and there.
Yeah John Neal!!!
Winterset Huskies baby!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron