Thomas family Espy Video

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
That was phenomenal to watch. Absolutely great. The thing that impressed me the most was how the Thomas family and the whole town of Parkersburg held no ill will whatsoever towards the Becker's. Honestly, I feel that the Becker family has a tougher row to hoe in all of this. My hometown is 60 miles due north of Parkersburg, and I can tell you right now, had that happened there, the family in the Becker's position would have been absolutely villified, disgraced, and run out of town. Endless respect to the Thomas family and that whole community for displaying nothing less than 100% class, and being fantastic representatives for the State of Iowa!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The Thomas' live the walk of forgiveness....a lesson sadly many will never learn.

IAPrepGuy

Apr 30, 2010
Waukee
Coach Thomas put a positive stamp on everything he did and always made time for me while covering his games, though he didn't have to. One of the most amazing men I've had a chance to meet and talk with. He'd be very proud of his kids for their strength and leadership through everything.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Thanks for posting BC. I'm on some meds for a bad back and crashed before it aired. Was pretty ****** when I woke up at 10:00 and had missed it.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Awesome story, it's terrible that something like this had to happen, but the way the family and town has handled this is an example for all of us to follow.

Does anyone know the couple in the crowd they kept showing close-ups of while the family was talking?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I can't imagine there was a dry eye in the house for that award. And Aaron's acceptance speech was fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: chadm

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Awesome story, it's terrible that something like this had to happen, but the way the family and town has handled this is an example for all of us to follow.

Does anyone know the couple in the crowd they kept showing close-ups of while the family was talking?
Mark Becker's parents

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I echo everybody's comments, it was very emptional and inspiring to watch the story on film and then the presentation. A great example of a family living their faith and showing compassion and forgiveness when many would not.

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
Does anyone know where I could find video of the tribute they showed before the award presentation?

I have been looking for that all day as well, I don't think it has been released yet, but if anyone finds it please post for all to watch.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron