Speaking of minding my own business . .

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
The other thread got me thinking about my own personal situation with a "neighborhoo" kid in Waukee.

So one day early this srping I was riding my bike on one of the bike paths, and this group of lets say around 14-15 year olds were taking up the entire path and moving very slowly. So I proceed to notify them with the common "on your left" warning that I wanted to pass them. They all moved over except one kid who had longer hair than my wife and was intentionally swerving in front of me so that I couldnt pass him. This immediately ticked me off so in one of my not so mature moments I said "Get out of my ******* way, kid" and rode past him not looking back. The kid was yelling and cursing and acting tough in front of his buddies but I didnt look back because I already felt like a ****** cussing at a 14yr old.

Anyway I have met this kid two additional times on the trail and he has tried to jump toward me and yell thinking he would scare me I guess. I have never said another word to him. He is just acting like a d-bag kid and trying to be tough but I kinda wanna shove my fist through his face and I likely would if I knew he were 18.

I like the OP in the Rottweiler story cant stand punk kids that act like this. I would have been scared to death to act like this kid toward an adult at his age. Just goes to show you that some kids grow up getting away with everything. I guess in time they will learn.

ccruzen

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2009
Urbandale
If it was my kid and he was acting like that I'd have no problem if you tazed him. Do you own a tazer?:jimlad:

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
I was minding my own business in a store one day when an 17 yo kid was being a jerk to the staff. His dad came up to me to ask me a question, and I said "a.) I don't work here, and b.) your kid is being disrespectful to the people that do........"

He got all hot and started defending his punk kid. I said, "I get where he learned it."

I have no problem being stern with kids when they are being disrespectful. I know a lot of people who feel like they have to try and be cool and friendly to them. I just think they will only learn if they are told, and a lot of parents don't do the job. If that makes me a ****, then so be it. I will not allow any punk to be disrespectful to me, or my wife.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I don't think I taunted adults when I was that age. Maybe my peers :wink:... but never adults. Kids these days...

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I was minding my own business in a store one day when an 17 yo kid was being a jerk to the staff. His dad came up to me to ask me a question, and I said "a.) I don't work here, and b.) your kid is being disrespectful to the people that do........"

He got all hot and started defending his punk kid. I said, "I get where he learned it."

I have no problem being stern with kids when they are being disrespectful. I know a lot of people who feel like they have to try and be cool and friendly to them. I just think they will only learn if they are told, and a lot of parents don't do the job. If that makes me a ****, then so be it. I will not allow any punk to be disrespectful to me, or my wife.

Good for you! :notworthy: "The staff" is kind of hand-tied to do/say anything due to the "customer is always right" thingy. I'm sure they were more than thankful for you stepping in and at least trying to set the idiot straight.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Maybe it's a kids-only bike trail.

Simple solution....assuming your bike is decent, buy a crappy one off of craiglist for under $25. Next time he swerves or tries to jump in your way plow him over. "oops" Just make sure to wear your helmet / pads.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA

I ran into a group of kids making fun of a mentally handicapped Walmart greeter one time. They were probably 16-18. I just stared them down until they shut up and then said "That making you feel good about yourself?"
They just left. I find a stern lazer eye gets the point across.
That and the fact I was strapped and holding up my shirt to show it off during the entire conversation.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
A lot of the world's problems would be solved if fathers were more apt to break a foot off in their kid's *** like mine used to.
I grew up in a small community and if you were disrespectful, every man had the authority to discipline you. That's the way it should be.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
A lot of the world's problems would be solved if fathers were more apt to break a foot off in their kid's *** like mine used to.
I grew up in a small community and if you were disrespectful, every man had the authority to discipline you. That's the way it should be.

This. And not just the men. Nothing is more humiliating than showing off for your friends only to be chewed out in front of them by a granny for being disrespectful. You definitely think twice the next time.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
I agree with almost everyones responses. I think that the kid deserves a kick in the ***/ being run into or something to teach him a lesson. My biggest worry would be similar to one of the other post where his parents wouldnt agree that their kid needed disciplin and then try to bring some sort of legal actions against me and sue me for everything that I have.

If I knew that the kids parents wouldnt sue my *** I would find a way to teach him a lesson without any real permanent harm.

Maybe next time I will just stop and see how he reacts. I'm by no means a bad *** but I'm 6 foot 250 and if I got ahold of his scrawny little butt he wouldnt go anywhere. I'm just scared that I might lose my temper and do something stupid.

No little rat bastard kid is worth losing my job/house etc.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree with almost everyones responses. I think that the kid deserves a kick in the ***/ being run into or something to teach him a lesson. My biggest worry would be similar to one of the other post where his parents wouldnt agree that their kid needed disciplin and then try to bring some sort of legal actions against me and sue me for everything that I have.

If I knew that the kids parents wouldnt sue my *** I would find a way to teach him a lesson without any real permanent harm.

Maybe next time I will just stop and see how he reacts. I'm by no means a bad *** but I'm 6 foot 250 and if I got ahold of his scrawny little butt he wouldnt go anywhere. I'm just scared that I might lose my temper and do something stupid.

No little rat bastard kid is worth losing my job/house etc.

Don't you have any 17 year old nephews who are kind of built like you?

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
The other thread got me thinking about my own personal situation with a "neighborhoo" kid in Waukee.

So one day early this srping I was riding my bike on one of the bike paths, and this group of lets say around 14-15 year olds were taking up the entire path and moving very slowly. So I proceed to notify them with the common "on your left" warning that I wanted to pass them. They all moved over except one kid who had longer hair than my wife and was intentionally swerving in front of me so that I couldnt pass him. This immediately ticked me off so in one of my not so mature moments I said "Get out of my ******* way, kid" and rode past him not looking back. The kid was yelling and cursing and acting tough in front of his buddies but I didnt look back because I already felt like a ****** cussing at a 14yr old.

Anyway I have met this kid two additional times on the trail and he has tried to jump toward me and yell thinking he would scare me I guess. I have never said another word to him. He is just acting like a d-bag kid and trying to be tough but I kinda wanna shove my fist through his face and I likely would if I knew he were 18.

I like the OP in the Rottweiler story cant stand punk kids that act like this. I would have been scared to death to act like this kid toward an adult at his age. Just goes to show you that some kids grow up getting away with everything. I guess in time they will learn.

Had a similar experience several years ago. I asked around and discovered who the kid was and subsequently went to his mothers house and his fathers place of business. I wasn't an ******* about it but made it clear in uncertain terms that the behavior needed to stop and if it didn't this wasn't my only course of action. It didn't. I contacted the juvenile probation office and low and behold they had case on this young man. Any time I had a whiff of trouble I called them. Eventually he earned an all expense paid trip outside of the community.

Last edited:

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
Had a similar experience several years ago. I asked around and discovered who the kid was and subsequently went to his mothers house and his fathers place of business. I wasn't an ******* about it but made it clear in uncertain terms that the behavior needed to stop and if it didn't this wasn't my only course of action. It didn't. I contacted the juvenile probation office and low and behold they had case on this young man. Any time I had a whiff of trouble I called them. Eventually he earned an all expense paid trip outside of the community.

This is actually a great idea. My only problem is that I'm not from Waukee and I dont know anyone to "ask around". And to be honest other than tall, skinny, blonde haired kid that acts like a punk I dont have a lot to go on. If it happens again I think I will just confront him and try scare him enough to wet his pants. I'm guessing that he would have any "friends" after that to try to act tough infront of anyway:yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron