NBA: Who else is Miami going to sign?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
So they got the Big Three, they have their three second round draft picks (Pittman, DeSean Butler, and Varnardo), Mario Chalmers, and they just received confirmation from Haslem that he was going to re-sign. Who else are they going to get?

I've heard some rumblings about Mike Miller, Shaq, Brad Miller, and the 37 yo Juwan Howard, but that's not enough to fill out a roster.

This is what's left...
NBA free-agent tracker 2010 - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Neckbeard

Dec 20, 2008
If I recall Shaq didn't leave Miami on good terms with anyone. He's also an anchor on an offense that will want to run the floor.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Mike Miller is confirmed at 5 years, 30 million.

Also Joel Anthony is a restricted free agent, so he's likely back.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
alright without the second rounders

Is there a chance they go small and run? I know Bosh said he didn't want to play the 5, but if they are running, the best possible lineup is:

Bosh
LeBron
Mike Miller
Wade
Chalmers

and you have an energy guy coming in to spell LeBron/Miller

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Is there a chance they go small and run? I know Bosh said he didn't want to play the 5, but if they are running, the best possible lineup is:

Bosh
LeBron
Mike Miller
Wade
Chalmers

and you have an energy guy coming in to spell LeBron/Miller

except LeBron can't/won't play in the post.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
except LeBron can't/won't play in the post.

To be fair, we're not sure what new LeBron will be like. Body wise, he's certainly capable of posting...

all I know is Chalmers' "point guard" title will be just that.. in title only. He will touch the ball like 10 times a game.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
You'd think someone like Pat Riley would have a plan in place to fill out the rest of the roster before they pulled the trigger on bringing in LeBron and Bosh.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
You'd think someone like Pat Riley would have a plan in place to fill out the rest of the roster before they pulled the trigger on bringing in LeBron and Bosh.

He did. He offered Miller before LeBron made "the decision", telling him that he was sure LeBron would sign. I'm sure he's got several guys lined up.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
To be fair, we're not sure what new LeBron will be like. Body wise, he's certainly capable of posting...

all I know is Chalmers' "point guard" title will be just that.. in title only. He will touch the ball like 10 times a game.

the 'new' lebron is suddenly going to play in the post? I doubt it.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
He did. He offered Miller before LeBron made "the decision", telling him that he was sure LeBron would sign. I'm sure he's got several guys lined up.

Good point, although it appears his plans may not be working out with Fisher turning them down. That's gotta hurt a bit.