Wow the Packer have a season waiting list of 83,881

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
The Green Bay Packers' season-ticket waiting list is so preposterously long that it almost seems like a waste of time even to put your name on it: Only 126 fans went from waiting list to season-ticket holders this year, while 83,881 names remain on the list.

But don't tell Tina Dollar-Hibbard it was a waste of time for her father to put her name on the list 40 years ago. She was one of the 126 whose names were called this year, 16 years after her dad died.

"I need to decide who I am going to take with me," she told the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "I've had a lot of offers."

But as the Press-Gazette notes, for every person who gets called, there are hundreds of fans who continue to wait. This year 99.6 percent of season-ticket holders renewed their tickets.

The Packers estimate fans who put their names on the list this year can expect to be called around 2045 or 2050. In the mean time, they're looking to expand Lambeau Field to help shorten the waiting list. Maybe down to 75,000 names or so.

I knew the waiting list was long but wow you would be waiting 35 years atleast.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
ya thats how a few of them are, you either pay a ton to buy the season tickets out, or it would be best to sign your kids up for it when they are born

Copley305

Apr 10, 2006
it's crazy. i put myself on the Cubs season ticket waiting list this year and i was number 117,803

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
It's because when the old man dies, he leaves his season tickets to his son in his will.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Makes me feel a little better about being number 5720 on the Broncos waiting list.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
I have a card here in my office with the number 63,720 on it. Should be a good retirement present for myself. Good to know there are 20,000 people who are below me on the ladder. The waiting list for the luxury boxes is even more insane. Something like 3 generations worth of wait.

You can actually get on a (significantly) shorter list if you ask for ONE season ticket, although it's still a couple years worth of wait.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
you could just buy out someones season tickets, however that will cost like 10-15 grand of even more

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Now you know why the Packers actually work in Green Bay. If Jacksonville were half this passionate about the Jaguars, they wouldn't be on the moving block.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
One of my good friends is a die-hard Packers fan and when his son was born in 2002, he placed his name on the season ticket waiting list and at that time was number 62,000 and some change. I still think he is somewhere in the 50,000 range.

On another note, other friends of mine parents have season ticket and the kids are already wheeling and dealing those tickets in exchange for homes, etc... for the sad day that their parents pass.

Both of these examples just show the extreme nature of people to get season tickets!

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
It's because when the old man dies, he leaves his season tickets to his son in his will.

Thats the same dumb *** **** that Iowa fans do and they feel entitled to cause they hand them down. Buy your own damn tickets!

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
It doesnt help that Packer fans put their kids names on the list the minute that they are born.

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
The Green Bay Packers' season-ticket waiting list is so preposterously long that it almost seems like a waste of time even to put your name on it: Only 126 fans went from waiting list to season-ticket holders this year, while 83,881 names remain on the list.

But don't tell Tina Dollar-Hibbard it was a waste of time for her father to put her name on the list 40 years ago. She was one of the 126 whose names were called this year, 16 years after her dad died.

"I need to decide who I am going to take with me," she told the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "I've had a lot of offers."

But as the Press-Gazette notes, for every person who gets called, there are hundreds of fans who continue to wait. This year 99.6 percent of season-ticket holders renewed their tickets.

The Packers estimate fans who put their names on the list this year can expect to be called around 2045 or 2050. In the mean time, they're looking to expand Lambeau Field to help shorten the waiting list. Maybe down to 75,000 names or so.

I knew the waiting list was long but wow you would be waiting 35 years atleast.

I think so many people put their name on the list because it is free and the worst thing that happens is that you get an offer for season tickets that you might be able to buy and then re-sell for a profit. If single game tickets ever start going on StubHub or the like for less than face value, the list would turnover much faster. Sounds impossible I know, but if they stunk for a few years and/or the economy in Wisconsin blew up Detroit style it could happen easily.