MLB: Way to go Twins!!!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Two hottest teams in baseball are immediately behind the Twins, too.

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
:arghh: ... as an owner of cole hamels this game absolutely killed me ... got the QS and was in line to get the W, which i needed most of all, but the phil's hada go **** it down their leg ... :skeptical::realmad:

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I flipped on the game last night and saw the Phillies up by 8 or so. Thinking the game was a total loss at that point, I turned it off.

Oops. I should have stuck with them.

Go Twins!

PS - We should have a Cyclone Fanatic, Target Field outing. Who's with me?!

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Sweet!!

I had a guy from work try to get tickets for any games against KC at Target Field. He claimed all games through the rest of the season were sold out (when KC was in town).

I can't believe KC series would be that hot a ticket. Does this mean tickets are all sold out through the end of the season for any home game? Can't imagine so.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Sweet!!

I had a guy from work try to get tickets for any games against KC at Target Field. He claimed all games through the rest of the season were sold out (when KC was in town).

I can't believe KC series would be that hot a ticket. Does this mean tickets are all sold out through the end of the season for any home game? Can't imagine so.

IIRC, they are sold out. You might be able to get individual seats, but nothing group size for sure at this point.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Detroit loses.

Glad to see our half very expensive, half cheap rotation is starting to do the trick.

Last 11 starts from the rotation.....
Total: 79 2/3 IP, 56 H, 16 ER, 20 BB, 62 K, 1.80 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 3.10 K/BB

Be nice to come down to Sox/Twins this fall again.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Detroit loses.

Glad to see our half very expensive, half cheap rotation is starting to do the trick.

Last 11 starts from the rotation.....
Total: 79 2/3 IP, 56 H, 16 ER, 20 BB, 62 K, 1.80 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 3.10 K/BB

Be nice to come down to Sox/Twins this fall again.

Please no game #163 this year......I don't think my nerves can take 3 years in a row of one game playoffs!!! :wink:

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I flipped on the game last night and saw the Phillies up by 8 or so. Thinking the game was a total loss at that point, I turned it off.

Oops. I should have stuck with them.

Go Twins!
Haven't you learned by now never to turn off or walk away from a Twins game?

PS - We should have a Cyclone Fanatic, Target Field outing. Who's with me?!
I'm in.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
So Punto and Butera homer in back to back days. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Target Field, but, is there anyway we could get Citizens Bank Park moved from Philadelphia to Minneapolis?

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
So Punto and Butera homer in back to back days. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Target Field, but, is there anyway we could get Citizens Bank Park moved from Philadelphia to Minneapolis?

Disagree, I like how Target Field plays, 9 home runs in a game is quite frankly ridiculous.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Two hottest teams in baseball are immediately behind the Twins, too.

I will give you that... but I would also like to point out that Detroit and the Sox competition has been Pittsburgh (12 game losing streak), Washington (blah minus Strasburg), and Arizona (14 game road losing streak).

I mean.... come on. Good job taking care of business but color me not worried as a Twins fan.

What worries me more is the short starts from SP and the middle infield injuries.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
By the way Twins fans. Twins had insurance on Nathan's contract so they'll have money to throw around for some trades if they choose to do so. His contract made up about 11% of the Twins payroll.

I expect them to take a look at some 3B options, and a big time pitcher (Cliff Lee rumors out there).

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
By the way Twins fans. Twins had insurance on Nathan's contract so they'll have money to throw around for some trades if they choose to do so. His contract made up about 11% of the Twins payroll.

I expect them to take a look at some 3B options, and a big time pitcher (Cliff Lee rumors out there).

This has been reported all morning on Mike and Mike - not just that the Twins are interested, but they're the front runner. The Twins have the pieces that the Mariners are looking for in return, namely an offensive-minded catcher that has no future with the Twins if he were to stick around (Wilson Ramos, not Joe Mauer, you haters).

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Anyone see who the Twins have had to play lately and who Detroit has had to play?

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Anyone see who the Twins have had to play lately and who Detroit has had to play?

See post #16. The last 3 series the Tigers have played 3 last place NL teams at home.

Good job out of the Twins steadying the ship right now, and I'll be interested to see what the Tigers can do on this road trip now.