We will beat UNI...don't panic

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I got grilled in my thread this week saying we should not take Kent State lightly. Now the point is not to have a full fledged panic attack. I believe we will beat UNI next week in a sparkling comeback for Meyer and Iowa State. In fact, the score won't be that close. We'll see tremendous improvement over this weeks game. That doesn't make us world beaters, but respectable going into the Iowa game.
Ketel

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
People who think there is no way we can lose to UNI need to stop posting. It shows your ignorance. We can lose, we can blow them out. All are possible.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
Damn, I love the optimism, but I have to admit I'm a little worried. Luckily, it's a long week w/plenty of time to prepare. I'm giving the entire team a mulligan for last week, and looking at UNI as the first game of the season. Kent State was a chance to execute the new system in live game, and hopefully some kinks will be worked out by next saturday.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I said we'd beat UNI, Iowa will be another story. With their HUGE offensive line, their QB will have unlimited time to find a receiver. Even a third-string QB can do well under those conditions.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
We COULD have beaten Kent State but we didn't. One correct change here or there, one right call here or there, FG that goes in here or there, etc. and we could have won that game. I think we have the same chance of beating UNI, it will come down to us executing the gameplan whether or not we win or lose, but we can't take UNI lightly either, TRUST ME - UNI will be ready to play.

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
Anyone who thinks we will blow past UNI is not all there. They have talent at all the skill positions and a qb that is better than ours. Dont be too cocky for no reason. Don't forget that they outplayed us last year and we won by inches.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Anyone who thinks we will blow past UNI is not all there. They have talent at all the skill positions and a qb that is better than ours. Dont be too cocky for no reason. Don't forget that they outplayed us last year and we won by inches.

Well... I hope UNI won't be tougher.... They had their hands full last night with Mn St. That too was a very close game through 3 qrts. Didn't see what the final was.

By the way... Mn St is located in Mankato and I dont think they are a scholie team.

Ok... 20-14 through three quarters. Uni pulls away late because probably more depth and players.

I posted this in a different thread but seriously did anyone else notice that UNI had there hands full for 3 qrts against a team that didnt' deserve to be on the same field as UNI.

'Clones Fan

Nov 13, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
We cannot take UNI lightly. I would love to see the defensive line step to the plate and push the o-line of UNI around. There were times that the defensive line looked good in pressure, but for hte most part, they were subpar.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
We COULD have beaten Kent State but we didn't. One correct change here or there, one right call here or there, FG that goes in here or there, etc. and we could have won that game. I think we have the same chance of beating UNI, it will come down to us executing the gameplan whether or not we win or lose, but we can't take UNI lightly either, TRUST ME - UNI will be ready to play.

Or if the O-line doesn't get called for false starts on two critical occasions maybe those two drives go for touchdowns and we're looking at a 14-0 lead. We'd be looking at an entirely different situation, with Kent St on the ropes early. Yeah, that didn't happen, but it's speculation.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Guys, UNI is good this year, they should contend for the national title. I am freaking scared.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Moving Forward to UNI

UNI was playing their first football game of the 2007 season last evening. They ended up downing Minnesota State 41-7. Granted UNI isn't a Division 1 team, but nevertheless, they won by a wide margin.

Although Iowa State doesn't have the talent to overlook any team, is UNI considered the softest team on this year's schedule?

Howie3310

Mar 10, 2007
We should not have taken Kent State lightly, you are correct ket.

They are a better team than people know. All the EIU fans here are like "YOU LOST TO KENT STATE?!?!?"

Kent State could give the squawks a run for their money.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
Re: Moving Forward to UNI

UNI was playing their first football game of the 2007 season last evening. They ended up downing Minnesota State 41-7. Granted UNI isn't a Division 1 team, but nevertheless, they won by a wide margin.

Interesting. Last I checked UNI was in fact a D1 football team.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Re: Moving Forward to UNI

Interesting. Last I checked UNI was in fact a D1 football team.

I'm pretty sure alaskaguy meant UNI isn't a D1-A team.

Either way, it would be wrong to overlook them under ANY circumstances, let alone knowing they're one of the best in D1-AA and an in-state rival.