2 Hawk starters arrested

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
It sounds like Jewell Hampton and Jordan Bernstine got arrested last night for Public Intox and Disorderly Conduct.

Jewell probably won't get in much trouble as I think this is his first run in?... maybe just a punch to the face from Clayborn

But hasn't Bernstine had problems in that past? Or was it before he got to Iowa that he beat some kid bad?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Hope and Change ....err... wrong forum.

Sorry, there is nothing to see here... just college kids being college kids in the party harty city of iowa city ....

DolphLundgren

Nov 11, 2008
It sounds like Jewell Hampton and Jordan Bernstine got arrested last night for Public Intox and Disorderly Conduct.

Jewell probably won't get in much trouble as I think this is his first run in?... maybe just a punch to the face from Clayborn

But hasn't Bernstine had problems in that past? Or was it before he got to Iowa that he beat some kid bad?

omg out of control program omg call espn call them the hoks omg omg omg

Big Deal.

DolphLundgren

Nov 11, 2008
Hope and Change ....err... wrong forum.

Sorry, there is nothing to see here... just college kids being college kids in the party harty city of iowa city ....

Kids do not drink, especially underage, in Ames. Ever. Especially not athletes. Especially in the summer.

DolphLundgren

Nov 11, 2008
They'll both get punished. And I assume meeting Coach Doyle at 530 AM with sandbags at the stadium is worse than missing a game. They won't be walking for a couple days after he's done with them.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
They'll both get punished. And I assume meeting Coach Doyle at 530 AM with sandbags at the stadium is worse than missing a game. They won't be walking for a couple days after he's done with them.

whew.

ozhawk

May 3, 2010
I think they will get 2 game suspensions. Neither has had a run in. At any school the jocks need to lay low. The police chief in my town told me that if any Iowa/Iowa State football players caused trouble here he would likely take them to his house sober them up and make them sign autographs for his entire family before sending them back to Ames/Iowa City...after breakfast of course.

DolphLundgren

Nov 11, 2008
I think they will get 2 game suspensions. Neither has had a run in. At any school the jocks need to lay low. The police chief in my town told me that if any Iowa/Iowa State football players caused trouble here he would likely take them to his house sober them up and make them sign autographs for his entire family before sending them back to Ames/Iowa City...after breakfast of course.

LOL. They're not going to get 2 games for a freaking public intox. And they wouldn't deserve it, either.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
As a caveat to all this you really can't 100% say "2 Hawk starters arrested". Hampton was fighting for a spot with Wegher and our A-Rob and from what I was hearing JB was fighting for his corner spot with Micah Hyde. If anything this may make those decisions easier...

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
As a caveat to all this you really can't 100% say "2 Hawk starters arrested". Hampton was fighting for a spot with Wegher and our A-Rob and from what I was hearing JB was fighting for his corner spot with Micah Hyde. If anything this may make those decisions easier...

I agree..... this arrest makes them starters ... they are now a better fit to the team chemistry

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Yes, this won't hurt Iowa on the football field at all IMO. But it hurts them on the PR nightmare big time... once again. But more and more people in this country no longer care about morals and values... so who cares?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I'm just happy the cops got to them before they got to some young college coed.

A bigger scandal saved by the ICPD...you guys are lucky!

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
Yes, this won't hurt Iowa on the football field at all IMO. But it hurts them on the PR nightmare big time... once again. But more and more people in this country no longer care about morals and values... so who cares?

I forgot that you guys were the reigning experts in the state on moral issues. Maybe you could run that pitch by the Pac/Big 10 and they will save you a spot just based on your moral aptitude.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
1. Neither of them are starters as of now. (Arob/Wegher and Prater/Hyde)

2. It's their first offense so they probably won't miss any games. Jewel might, because he's under 21, I seem to remember KF coming down harder on alcohol charges when they're under 21.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think Iowa fans realize what comes with winning. But it's definately worth it... at least financially.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

You really think they will get a longer suspension than the players that have hit others in the past.

I hope that cop is not a donor to either school.