Are you there God? It's me a Twins fan...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
They did one too many times already this season. :wink:

This is the first night since coming back Mo has looked back to Mo. Thanks Twins!

jhill

Apr 10, 2006
Why can't you let the Twins beat the Yankees?

First and third, nobody out. Hudson, Mauer and Morneau the next three up. You think Twins are in good shape, right? Hudson lines one that some how Pettitte snags. Mauer grounds into a double play. Good lord. Just put all games against the Yankees in the loss column...then at least you don't risk injury or use up innings for the pitching staff.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Baseball seriously needs a salary cap to keep the Yankees from buying the rest of the league!!

Lame excuse.

I don't give a crap what the rest of the league does as long as the Pohlad's put out to keep our home grown talent here. This ballpark gives them the extra revenue they claim to have needed for years now.

And I hate Nick Swisher. Such a doorknob

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
First and third, nobody out. Hudson, Mauer and Morneau the next three up. You think Twins are in good shape, right? Hudson lines one that some how Pettitte snags. Mauer grounds into a double play. Good lord. Just put all games against the Yankees in the loss column...then at least you don't risk injury or use up innings for the pitching staff.

Should've had Hudson bunt Span over to 2nd to avoid the DP when Mauer got up...stupid.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Should've had Hudson bunt Span over to 2nd to avoid the DP when Mauer got up...stupid.

What?!

The game is tied with no outs and the go ahead run at 3rd, you're going to waste an out getting a pointless run over to 2nd?

Reactions: mwitt

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Lame excuse.

I don't give a crap what the rest of the league does as long as the Pohlad's put out to keep our home grown talent here. This ballpark gives them the extra revenue they claim to have needed for years now.

And I hate Nick Swisher. Such a doorknob

Not using it as an excuse.....we got beat plain and simple. Just really tired of hearing about the Yankees and their "coachdags like" payroll!! :no:

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
What?!

The game is tied with no outs and the go ahead run at 3rd, you're going to waste an out getting a pointless run over to 2nd?

Dude, you'd have guys at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and guarantee Mauer AND Morneau make it to the plate.

If Span was at 2nd, Mauer's ground ball would've probably scored what's his butt at 3rd...

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Not using it as an excuse.....we got beat plain and simple. Just really tired of hearing about the Yankees and their "coachdags like" payroll!! :no:

I hope more than anything that 7 years from now people are talking about a Twins core of Mauer, Morneau, and Span a la Jeter, Posada, and Mo. The Yankees have kept that core intact thanks to their payroll, and that's what I want to see the Twins org. do in the years to come.

Now, I agree that Rodriguez, Sabathia, and most of all Tex are overpaid. No argument there.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Dude, you'd have guys at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and guarantee Mauer AND Morneau make it to the plate.

If Span was at 2nd, Mauer's ground ball would've probably scored what's his butt at 3rd...

There's no guarantee that Span gets to second.

And besides, your only concern is the baserunner closest to home.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
A squeeze -- sure. A sac bunt? Absolutely not.

Guess I'm an out-of-the-box type of thinker...do anything to get that run on 3rd home...figure you get 1 run then bring Rauch in for the top of the 9th...

Although bringing Rauch in didn't work out too well...

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Obviously hearing the footsteps of the Sox (with that foot headed towards first base, and not towards home)

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Twins are not going anywhere until they can start to win these types of games.

Help Support Us

Become a patron