MLB: Fantasy Baseball

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
So I picked up Casey McGehee in week 2 as an undrafted free agent and all he's done since is............be 3rd in scoring for second basemen and 4th in scoring for third basemen while being eligible at both positions!!! Can this guy keep it up? Will he get traded if the Brewers don't start winning?

On a side note......I drafted A.Hill(2B,TOR) in the second or third round and he sucks so far.....and R.Zimmerman(3B,WASH) who has been good when healthy but can't seem to stay on the field sometimes. Should I just drop Hill or see what happens or try to trade him?????

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
So I picked up Casey McGehee in week 2 as an undrafted free agent and all he's done since is............be 3rd in scoring for second basemen and 4th in scoring for third basemen while being eligible at both positions!!! Can this guy keep it up? Will he get traded if the Brewers don't start winning?

On a side note......I drafted A.Hill(2B,TOR) in the second or third round and he sucks so far.....and R.Zimmerman(3B,WASH) who has been good when healthy but can't seem to stay on the field sometimes. Should I just drop Hill or see what happens or try to trade him?????

I got rid of Hill. I don't know how it's gonna work out, but I couldn't stand having him on my team anymore.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'd hold on to both of those guys. They're bound to get their numbers up, and they'll have to go on a pretty solid tear, in both cases, to do so. Jason Bay is doing the same thing right now for my team.

My pleasant surprises this season have been Cody Ross (OF, FL) and Freese (3B, StL).

Also, your Aaron Hill question reminded me of my own Blue Jay conundrum: I'm trying to decide on Adam Lind. I think he could fetch some pretty good value on the trade market, but I'm not completely sold on getting rid of him, either.

Last edited:

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
What style of fantasy baseball do you guys play? Head to head?

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
I'd hold on to both of those guys. They're bound to get their numbers up, and they'll have to go on a pretty solid tear, in both cases, to do so. Jason Bay is doing the same thing right now for my team.

My pleasant surprises this season have been Cody Ross (OF, FL) and Freese (3B, StL).

Also, your Aaron Hill question reminded me of my own Blue Jay conundrum: I'm trying to decide on Adam Lind. I think he could fetch some pretty good value on the trade market, but I'm not completely sold on getting rid of him, either.

I had Lind as well but dropped him about a week and a half ago and nobody has picked him up since......I still have him on my "scout team" but he's not really doing any better yet. I have Werth, Rios, Bay, and Garrett Jones to make up for him??!!

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Still 5-2 right now thanks to my pitching.......Haren,Hudson,Jimenez,Oswalt,Marmol,Saunders,Pelphrey....etc.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Yes.....haven't tried Roto yet.
I've played both. I prefer roto. I too landed McGehee around week 2. For the first time ever, I had the #1 overall pick, but I missed the live draft. Ended up taking Pujols when I think I should have taken Mauer to secure my catcher position. Here's what I have right now:

C: Miguel Olivo
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Casey McGehee
3B: Chase Headley
SS: Cristian Guzmán
OF: Vernon Wells
OF: Jason Heyward
OF: Matt Holiday
Util: Denard Span
Util: Justin Morneau
BN: Jacoby Ellsbury

SP: Johan Santana
SP: Josh Johnson
RP: Mariano Rivera
RP: Brian Wilson
P: Jonathan Papelbon
P: Jonathan Sánchez
P: Shaun Marcum
BN: Jon Rauch
BN: Francisco Liriano
BN: Stephen Strasburg

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
I've played both. I prefer roto. I too landed McGehee around week 2. For the first time ever, I had the #1 overall pick, but I missed the live draft. Ended up taking Pujols when I think I should have taken Mauer to secure my catcher position. Here's what I have right now:

C: Miguel Olivo
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Casey McGehee
3B: Chase Headley
SS: Cristian Guzmán
OF: Vernon Wells
OF: Jason Heyward
OF: Matt Holiday
Util: Denard Span
Util: Justin Morneau
BN: Jacoby Ellsbury

SP: Johan Santana
SP: Josh Johnson
RP: Mariano Rivera
RP: Brian Wilson
P: Jonathan Papelbon
P: Jonathan Sánchez
P: Shaun Marcum
BN: Jon Rauch
BN: Francisco Liriano
BN: Stephen Strasburg

Pretty solid, I have......

1B J.Morneau
2B C.McGehee
SS A.Gonzalez
3B R.Zimmerman
C R.Doumit
OF J.Werth
OF A.Rios
OF J.Bay
U P.Fielder

SP D.Haren
SP T.Hudson
SP U.Jimenez
SP R.Oswalt
SP A.Sanchez
RP C.Marmol
RP J.Papelbon

Bench.....
2B A.Hill
OF-1B G.Jones
SP J.Cueto
SP M.Pelphrey
SP J.Saunders

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
My starting pitchers aren't getting wins though. Sánchez has two 1-0 losses this year followed by a 3-0 loss.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
My starting pitchers aren't getting wins though. Sánchez has two 1-0 losses this year followed by a 3-0 loss.

My league gives 3 points for a "quality start"...... 6 innings of 3 or fewer earned runs.

Same for Oswalt though!!

Last edited:

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Consider this your official invitation to be part of my league next season!:wink:
Send me a PM with an invite link and I'll play even if I suck at first!! :yes::notworthy:
P.S. What ever happened to that "88" guy lol???!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Send me a PM with an invite link and I'll play even if I suck at first!! :yes::notworthy:
P.S. What ever happened to that "88" guy lol???!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:
You mean the 82 guy? While I'm a huge Lane Danielsen fan (we come from the same high school) I like this name more. It's my Twitter name and I hope to get it as my license plate when I get my next car.

tccoach

Apr 22, 2006
Iowa
I also picked up McGehee...I keep getting horrible trade offers for him...I think he will keep it up and have a huge season.

I have been getting hurt by a lack of saves and wins...I have Broxton but he has started really slow...but surely will pick it up.

I have Greinke and Beckett...Greinke can't get any run support and Beckett just hasn't been right all season and now on the DL...considering dumping him.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It's crazy to think McGehee couldn't stick with the Cubs yet has been a very productive everyday player with the Brewers since last season. Always hate when the Cubs hang onto busts like Patterson and Pie too long but don't give guys like McGehee a fair shot despite productive minor league numbers.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I'll be honest, I've considered offering Pujols straight up for Mauer.

I know I can't let my fanhood get in the middle of this if I want to be serious about winning the league. However, playing in a roto league, I'm second in batting average (9 points) and the guy who has Mauer is first (10 points) for average. And of course he's in first overall and I'm second, so there isn't a whole lot of room for me to make up on him. I can solidify my catcher and insert Morneau into my 1B position.