Douglas and Bowman AWOL...

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I heard it on the news on KXNO just now that Douglas, Bowman and a player named Messers(sp)???? are AWOL from the team. Apparently Ferentz said at some conference that they have been trying to contact them and are even getting snubbed by their familys when trying to locate them. EIU classes started Monday. I can see the message from them now...

H8 2 W8 2B Sr8 so I B gon Sr8 up. CU L8r......:biglaugh:

Anyone know who this Messers is that they mentioned being AWOL too?

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Maybe they're working on a transfer. If not, it doesn't help their already damaged public perception. If they do believe they are innocent, this doesn't help in their defense.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
What the hell is that??

It's how young people communicate today, using only their two index fingers.

If Miss Teen SC could have texted her answer the other night instead of having to communicate it via the spoken word, the answer probably would have been very profound and thought provoking...maybe not...

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
It's how young people communicate today, using only their two index fingers.

heh, as a young person myself, i knew what it was getting at, but that a little too intense for even me. :confused: also, i guess i'd missed the facebook message posted earlier, so that puts it into context a little bit.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I see a white bronco in their future.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
ojChase.jpg
I see a white bronco in their future.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Speaking of players leaving, Mike Taylor found a new basketball home in Goergia.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Green = U of I Public Safety Director, Chuck.

Green said the gap in when the alleged crimes happened (May 8) to the arrests was because Bowman and Douglas moved out of their dormitory and didn’t leave forwarding addresses.

Green said UI investigators didn’t contact the athletics department to find out their whereabouts because they didn’t want to jeopardize their investigation.

‘‘I understand athletics may have known at that time where they were, but we weren’t contacting anybody in athletics because it was still under investigation and we weren’t ready to arrest these individuals,’’ Green said.

Interesting that these seasoned crime-fighters don't have the wherewithal to locate wrong-doers unless they leave a forwarding address! Doubly interesting that they obviously didn't trust the athletics department...

I've noticed several comments on this site (other threads) regarding the Iowa City Police Department working this case, which is incorrect. This is not the ICPD; it's the UI Department of Public Safety, roughly the equivalent of mall security!

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
Ohhh, wook, the poor widdow felon just wanted a "hug" from his gramma. That makes me feel better about them being lying, thieving p.o.s. thugs.

It's good to see that the UI Department of Public Safety is "on the ball", after being forced to investigate this crime because the victim basically made them.

I always wondered where the "mall ninja" ended up working.

Shrine of the Mall Ninja » LonelyMachines

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The very sad thing about that article, is the grandmother - to the press anyways - is really downplaying the situation. I sure hope that wasn't her response when he went home.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
Green = U of I Public Safety Director, Chuck.

Interesting that these seasoned crime-fighters don't have the wherewithal to locate wrong-doers unless they leave a forwarding address! Doubly interesting that they obviously didn't trust the athletics department...

I've noticed several comments on this site (other threads) regarding the Iowa City Police Department working this case, which is incorrect. This is not the ICPD; it's the UI Department of Public Safety, roughly the equivalent of mall security!

Or they were tracking their every move and seeing who else was invlolved or if they would continue using other stolen cards.....:biggrin:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron