Super 8

borc4cy

Aug 26, 2006
DSM, IA
Anybody seen the trailer for this and what do you think? For you all that dont know what Im talking about its a secret film that JJ Abrams (Cloverfield, Star Trek) has been working on. Not do to release till summer 2011. Kinda sorta get the Cloverfield vibe from then trailer here it is....... Let me know what u guys think. Supposed to appear before Iron Man 2............................[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAwYpSMsD-Y]YouTube - Super 8 Official Trailer [REAL] [FULL 720 p HD][/ame]

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I think it looks awesome. The first thing I thought though was, "They moved the top secret stuff from Area 51 to....Ohio?"

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I was just looking at this earlier. The theory is that it may be a Cloverfield prequel or sequel.

Check out the new Inception trailer too. That movie will be the best of the summer.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66TuSJo4dZM]YouTube - 'Inception' Trailer 2 HD[/ame]

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I was just looking at this earlier. The theory is that it may be a Cloverfield prequel or sequel.

Check out the new Inception trailer too. That movie will be the best of the summer.
YouTube - 'Inception' Trailer 2 HD

Abrams has said that it's not a a prequel. It takes place like 40 or 50 years before.

I have been absolutely stoked for Inception. The new trailer gives a little more insight as to what the movie is actually about...although it kind of sounds like The Cell with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Lopez. Either way, it looks good. There is something about Ellen Paige. I know she might be into chicks, but there is still something about her that gets me.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Spielberg and Abrams? Yes, please! Hadn't heard about this one yet, but I loved Cloverfield and it has the same vibe.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I just recently read something and Super 8 will not be through a handheld camera like Cloverfield.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I just recently read something and Super 8 will not be through a handheld camera like Cloverfield.

i really wish the shaky cam fad would just go away. Its ok for action scenes when you are running around and what not but when you are just sitting there talking, the camera should not be shaking all over the place.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Forget all of these movies, has anyone seen "The Human Centipede", it came out April 30th and I dont know if I a creeped out or highly interested in this movie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8fKLjC__c&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 'The Human Centipede' Trailer HD[/ame]

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Forget all of these movies, has anyone seen "The Human Centipede", it came out April 30th and I dont know if I a creeped out or highly interested in this movie.

YouTube - 'The Human Centipede' Trailer HD
Gotta bump this thread up. I rented Human Centipede this weekend. That is one seriously messed up movie. Not saying it was good, not saying it was bad, just one seriously messed up movie.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

i really wish the shaky cam fad would just go away. Its ok for action scenes when you are running around and what not but when you are just sitting there talking, the camera should not be shaking all over the place.

:notworthy: tman24.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Reviving this. Saw Super 8 on cable, it was a great movie. Similarly, I just tried watching Cloverfield. I made it through the first 15 minutes, but I couldn't stand it, I had to turn it off it was so bad.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Next thing you know old eight grade exams will be posted just like old movies.
o-1912-EIGHTH-GRADE-EXAM-570.jpg

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I feel pretty good about that 8th grade exam there. I mean, I can't draw Walter Raleigh, but I might pass the exam.

I don't even get this thread.

btw, that's an easy sentence to diagram, not even a prepositional phrase in there!

Last edited: