Jarrod Uthoff info & video...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Pardon my ignorance but I assume he's the son or relative of former Cyclone Dean Uthoff?

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I found a little piece of history involving Dean Uthoff and the Antler's (nickname of Missouri's basketball student section).

The Antlers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iowa State center Dean Uthoff's was the center of another Antler prank when they obtained the phone number at his dorm in Ames and called him. They posed as huge fans and wanted to show their appreciation by ordering him a pizza, and they told him and it should be downstairs in his lobby in a half hour. Uthoff fell for the scam and waited nearly an hour for the pizza. The Antlers later called again to ask how the pizza tasted. Two days later when Iowa State visited Mizzou, all of the Antlers were waving empty pizza boxes at him when he ran onto the court.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
his length for a guard could work out very well defensively. I think this has to be fred's first target for '11.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I know he's a ballplayer and obviously has skills, but I wasn't blown away by that video at all.

Agreed. By the sounds of it, that tape didn't exactly do him justice as he seems to be a very highly regarded recruit...but all I saw was alot of passing, a few missed lay ups, and an occasional drive to the basket.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
I didn't want to be the first to say it. One of the worst highlight videos I've seen.

yea, neither was i. However, his offer list speaks for itself.

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong here. I would be ecstatic if he signed with ISU, but that video was underwhelming to say the least. He was missing bunnies and rebounding over smaller players, dribbling too high and he even missed a dunk.

I know he's a very talented kid and has a total package skillset wise, but that video didn't do him any justice.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
I've honestly never been too impressed with what I've SEEN of him in videos and real life, but his stats are always very very impressive and the offers keep piling up. I don't exactly know why/how, but I guess he just gets the job done.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
I've honestly never been too impressed with what I've SEEN of him in videos and real life, but his stats are always very very impressive and the offers keep piling up. I don't exactly know why/how, but I guess he just gets the job done.

He has ability and I think everyone is intrigued by his potential and upside. He's sort of a late bloomer, so I think schools view him as a gem that just needs a little more polishing.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
Im not really impressed, missed a dunk, layups, and didnt shoot a single outside shot in that video. Also he was never guarded by or guarded a big man in any of the games shown on this video. Hopefully this is just a terrible look at what the kid can do.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron