Starlin Castro

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Will win the ROY:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

As Chris Williams would say "Sign him up for the hall of fame" :wink:

Last edited:

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Signed,
I dont think they ever had 6 RBI's and a home run in their first major league game. I dont even think either of them got above .300 ever

No, they didn't. The point is that both of them (Korey and Felix) were hyped beyond belief, and both flamed out in spectacular fashion. Strangely enough, both were traded to Baltimore as well.

*I know it's "Corey" not "Korey."

Also, I think Korey was over .300 for the entire month of May in 2003, but that was about it, as had a horrible month of June that continued into July until he blew out his knee.

Last edited:

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
You can't really count Fukudome as he has been playing pro ball for a number years. Now that the move has been made he'd had better play every day. I hope there is a move here the gets rid of Baker or Font as they are both not needed

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
You can't really count Fukudome as he has been playing pro ball for a number years. Now that the move has been made he'd had better play every day. I hope there is a move here the gets rid of Baker or Font as they are both not needed

I agree with you there. I think one of them will be shopped for an arm in the bullpen. Castro is here to stay

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I agree with you there. I think one of them will be shopped for an arm in the bullpen. Castro is here to stay

I think if anyone goes, it's going to be Nady. Fontenot is "valuable" in that he's the only leftie bat on the bench now due to Tracy getting sent down. Yes, I know Koyie is a switch-hitter, but most managers aren't going use their backup catcher to pinch hit.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
I think Kosuke had 3 RBI in his first game. I know he hit a double off the wall in his first at-bat but I don't remember if he drove anyone in.

You can't really count Fukudome as he has been playing pro ball for a number years.

My point was the hype that he received when he came in how he was going to be the savior. Then, he came out and had a double in his first at bat, and hit a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 8th to tie the game in his first game. Hard to start out much better than that...until today...

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
My point was the hype that he received when he came in how he was going to be the savior. Then, he came out and had a double in his first at bat, and hit a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 8th to tie the game in his first game. Hard to start out much better than that...until today...

I don't know if Kosuke was views as a savior as much as he was viewed as a way to stop the revolving door in right field after Sammy was traded. The signings of Burnitz and Jock Jones were disasters.

Also, that was a home run - it's the bounce, stupid, and do you actually live in the city itself?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Castro has certainly had a hell of a debut, but I'm a bit guarded right now.

Let's see how he does once the scouting report is in the open.