Calipari interested in Bulls job?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
John Calipari is intrigued with the Chicago Bulls’ coaching job and would be willing to listen to a pitch from management, NBA and NCAA sources told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday.
Sources say the combination of roster talent, tradition and market make Chicago one of the few NBA jobs that could pry Calipari out of Kentucky. The Bulls have been hesitant to pay the $4 million-$5 million annual packages it would take to lure high-profile coaches like Calipari.
Calipari coached Derrick Rose at Memphis. He is also close with Cleveland’s LeBron James, and shares representation with two of the Bulls’ top free-agent targets – Miami’s Dwyane Wade and Toronto’s Chris Bosh.
Sources say Calipari “hasn’t connected†with Kentucky’s athletic administration in his first year on the job, and that could contribute to his willingness to rekindle a long-standing goal of realizing NBA success

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte
I could see the NBA as a better fit for him. I wanted him for the ISU job for about two days, and have no idea what I was thinking. The guy is a crook and the NBA would be better suited for him. But I do NOT want him as the next Bulls coach.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That would be hilarious. I have no particular hatred for UK, but if Calipari went one and done with the Wildcats, I would have to laugh.

Reactions: Wesley

dualforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 9, 2007
Grimes, IA
I could see the NBA as a better fit for him. I wanted him for the ISU job for about two days, and have no idea what I was thinking. The guy is a crook and the NBA would be better suited for him. But I do NOT want him as the next Bulls coach.

When? Just a week ago????? Or 4 years ago when we hired McDermott?

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
As a Bulls fan, I have to disagree. Not funny at all.

thakeepa14

Jan 10, 2007
St. Paul, MN
I'd be for it.:yes:...since he'd be a coaching upgrade over any of the 6 coaches post-dynasty. It'd be a statement that the Bulls are finally willing to spend money on a coach and that they're actually serious about bringing in a top free agent, not just clearing cap space.

And it'd increase, albeit still faint, chance of LBJ, Wade, or Bosh joining the team.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

what do you mean, "huh?" I think it would be funny if Calipari bolted after one year on the job. A lot of Kentucky fans consider their gig to be basketball mecca. Much of the rest of the world considers Calipari slime, but Wildcat fans defend him to the death. Seeing him treat their school as a stepping stone to the NBA would be funny, because the backlash from UK fans would be enormous.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I take it Kentucky must be in some hot water if he is considering leaving. Usually after Coach Cal leaves a school, they get hit with some violations. Umass and Memphis, for example.

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte
MY BAD, WOW. For some reason, Gillispie came into my head instead of Coach Cal. Holy long day. Disregard my statements, minus the crook part.

RustyClone

Dec 16, 2008
Hockenheim
I take it Kentucky must be in some hot water if he is considering leaving. Usually after Coach Cal leaves a school, they get hit with some violations. Umass and Memphis, for example.

I think you forgot KU, he was the assistant for Larry Brown known for the $100 handshakes.