Cricket Fans?

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Anyone a fan? I think this game is pretty underrated in the US.

Imagine a ball harder than a baseball, coming to you as fast as an MLB pitch but off the ground. Then imagine yourself in the field when someone hits the ball, but you don't have a glove on. Every catch you make is barehanded.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH1Pd2XgEoQ]YouTube - Amazing Cricket Catches[/ame]

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I've never stopped to watch them but there are a lot of guys that play cricket in the fields just east of the towers south of campus. They look pretty organized too so it might be some kind of league.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
i heard a single game can last several days. any truth to this?

Depends on what rules are being played. There are a lot of games now with "new" rules that last as long as a normal baseball game (2-3 hours).

If you're in Australia though and you go to a game that lasts like 10 hours let's say, that's awesome for you. All anybody does in the stands is get drunk and eat ribs for 10 hours while watching a game. Great time.

By the way..live cricket on youtube right now
YouTube - IPL's Channel

The rules aren't as confusing as you'd think.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I've never stopped to watch them but there are a lot of guys that play cricket in the fields just east of the towers south of campus. They look pretty organized too so it might be some kind of league.

ISU has a team I know. A club team kind of like baseball and they play other universities like Nebraska...it's mostly a bunch of Indian and Pakistani guys on the teams. :biglaugh: