Apartments in Ankeny

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Anyone who has ever rented a one-bedroom in the Ankeny area got any suggestions? I'm looking for a nice one bedroom that wont break the bank. Any suggestions on buildings/complexes or landlords I should look at or avoid?

Thanks in advance!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Anyone who has ever rented a one-bedroom in the Ankeny area got any suggestions? I'm looking for a nice one bedroom that wont break the bank. Any suggestions on buildings/complexes or landlords I should look at or avoid?

Thanks in advance!

My advice is to avoid living in Ankeny if at all possible.

Cymon

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny

Thanks in advance!

Good luck. I live in Timberland in Ankeny. Almost $600 for a one bedroom. If you do find them under $500, they are tiny.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Good luck. I live in Timberland in Ankeny. Almost $600 for a one bedroom. If you do find them under $500, they are tiny.

Yeah, I have been finding some around $600, and some around $800. Kind of hard to find much on the internet for down there.

How is Timberland?

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
Hey, I'm in the same boat, been looking for a few months now. The best places that i've seen for the price is Peach Tree. The guy owns three complexes grouped all together, you can pick which one you want ( some are nicer). Decent prices around 600ish, and pretty big. Owner/landloard seems like a really cool guy. And everybody I've talked to likes it. Its directly behind Mercy Medical Center on 1st street.

Reactions: chuckd4735

nye4cy

Feb 14, 2010
Johnston,IA
Roads suck in Ankeny... Apartments are even worse.. however if you do live in Ankeny stay away from ashbroke ... mold, uncleaned when moved in and management is the worse

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
I grew up and went to high school in Urbandale. We are conditioned over the years to hate Ankeny with an undying passion.

Dude, Johnston, I hear ya. I just dislike Ankeny as a town also due to the fact it has no character to the town. just sprawling suburbia seemingly without any city planning

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I just dislike Ankeny as a town also due to the fact it has no character to the town. just sprawling suburbia seemingly without any city planning

This. Reminds me a lot of a certain dirty town in the eastern side of the state. See pic...

steps_small.JPG

Last edited:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I can't believe I'm sticking up for Ankeny here. I've never lived there but to me it's just like any other DM suburb. You have nice areas and not so nice areas. From my experience, it just sucks living in an apartment regardless what town/suburb you live in.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Dude, Johnston, I hear ya. I just dislike Ankeny as a town also due to the fact it has no character to the town. just sprawling suburbia seemingly without any city planning

Wait, are you talking about Johnston or Ankeny?

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Roads suck in Ankeny... Apartments are even worse.. however if you do live in Ankeny stay away from ashbroke ... mold, uncleaned when moved in and management is the worse
Had a friend that lived there at one point. It was a party place for DMACC kids.